Chapter 24- Limo Ride

"Seijuro, I think we should go to Rakuzan first," I suggested while we're walking through the hallways of the building.

"What for?" He asked, raising a brow at me.

"We have a weekend practice, right?" I answered, trying my best to convince him.

"Not anymore. I left Reo incharge," he says as if it's no big deal. I fell silent for a while, a bit shocked because of what he just said.

"But I'm the one handling their training menu," I added, trying to reason out. But then he just gave me a small smile.

"They have their own. It's the one you made two weeks ago," he replied with a non chalant shrug of his shoulders.

I stopped my tracks and looked at him, wide-eyed. "Tell me you're joking."

"I'm not joking," he said, standing infront of me.

"Seijuro, that wasn't suppose to be--"

"They have to train hard."

"I know! But not that hard! They aren't Generation of Miracles to recover immediately after that menu!" I reasoned out.

"They can manage," he says non chalantly.

I held his shoulders and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Winter Cup is in two days. They're having a hell hell hell training menu now that even Generation of Miracles can't recover from in just a day. And you expect them to fight two days from now?" I asked incredulously. He sighed in defeat.

"Okay. I'm going to call Reo and tell him to give them the regular one."

I smiled. "Thanks. Now, let's go. Dai-chan is waiting for us at your car."

"Tss." he held my hand and pulled me with him. "We shouldn't have let him come with us," he says bitterly. I laughed at him.

"He wanted to see Kyoto, Sei," I said, looking at him while we're walking.

"And you really believe that?" he asks, raising a brow. I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. He looked at me for a while before smirking and shaking his head.

"Nothing."

He opened the limo's door for me and so I stepped inside with him following behind me.

I sat infront of Dai-chan while Seijuro sat beside me.

Just then, the limo started to move.

Seijuro dialled a number on his phone and I bet, he's calling Reo-nee.

"Reo," he says. "Yes.. Misaki has something to tell you."

My eyes widened. "What? Why me?"

"You know what to say," he said before handing me his phone. I sighed before taking it.

"Hello?"

"Misa-chaan!"

"Ouch. Reo-nee, that was my ear." I pouted. I heard Seijuro chuckled beside me. I shot him a glare.

I glanced at Dai-chan only to see him sleeping. Meh, I wasn't surprised.

"Misa-chan, what kind of training menu is this? Are you trying to kill us?"

I laughed a little. "No, Reo-nee. Unfortunately, Seijuro--I mean.. I gave you the wrong instructions. Use your regular training menu for now. But double it. And tell them to rest for tomorrow and to no go anywhere."

"Hai, Misa-chan! Wait.. You're with Sei-chan, right?"

I raised a brow, wondering why he's asking me that question. "Yeah, I'm with Seijuro right now, why?"

"Are you two on a date?"

Even though I know this is a date, I still blushed at the thought. "Reo-nee!"

"I'm just joking, Misa-chan. Not."

"Hey!" He laughed at my reaction.

"It's okay, Misa-chan. Be careful, okay?"

"Thank you. Good bye."

And with that, the line ended. I handed Seijuro's phone back and stared at Dai-chan who is now staring at us.

"What?" I asked.

"Who were you talking to?"

"A teammate," I answered. He nodded.

He stood up slightly and sat beside me.

Eh?

Seijuro looked sharply at me. "What?" I asked, slightly scared by his glare. He didn't answer me. Instead, he looked straight ahead. Suddenly, I felt my eyelids getting heavier. I just remembered that I stayed up late all night, planning for the upcoming Winter Cup.

"I'm sleepy," I whispered at Seijuro's ear. He ignored me making me pout.

I leaned my head on the car's window and tried to sleep.

Third Person's POV

While Misaki was sleeping, Aomine stared at her peaceful face.

'She's really innocent. And beautiful.'

"Stop staring at her, Daiki." Akashi ordered, his voice calm but very serious. Aomine looked from her to him before raising a brow.

"Why not?"

"Because I said so."

"I just want to tell you something, Akashi.. I'm not your friend or teammate anymore. For now, that is. I'm the guy you're going up against to win this girl's heart. I don't care whether or not you get angry at me. It's Misaki we're talking about now."

Akashi looked like he was expecting him to say those things but still, he was moved. Indeed, Misaki has something in her that can change a person big time and the girl doesn't even know that she's capable of doing that.

"I'm not going up against you just to win her heart," Akashi replied simply.

Aomine frowned. "So you're giving her to me without even putting up a fight?"

"Don't talk about her like that. As if she's just a piece of property you're trying to claim.." Akashi spat before his voice returned to normal again. "I can't win her heart over."

"So you're giving up?" Aomine asked, amused. 'Is he really admitting that he's losing to me?' Aomine thought.

"No," Akashi answered immediately, as if the answer was automatic. "Why would I give up on the girl who hasn't given up on me?" He continued, his voice becoming softer while staring at the sleeping Misaki infront of him.

Aomine felt a sharp pain in his chest but ignored it.

"What are you trying to say, then?"

"She already gave me her heart in exchange of mine. There's no way you're going to take her heart away."

Aomine clenched his fist. Even though it's painful to admit it but Aomine knows that Akashi's right.

Misaki's heart was his from the very start.

Just then, Misaki's head dropped on Akashi's shoulder. Akashi wrapped an arm around her shoulder to give her the support she needed.

'Even though unconcious.. She still picked him.' Aomine thought bitterly before looking away from the painful view. But it didn't lessen the pain he's feeling right now.

'How can I win her heart when it's already someone else's property?'

***