Chapter 7 (Edited)

Chapter 7- By Keeping Your Own Promise

"Misa-chan, how's Tetsu-kun? Is he eating well? Does he ask about me?" Satsu asked.

"Tetsu-kun's pretty fine. He already found a new light and I might say, his new light is good."

"Tss. I'm better than him, that's for sure," Dai-chan said arrogantly.

"Oh yeah? Kagami's pretty tall. He can dunk. He can play basketball. He's good, if you'll ask me," I said playfully with a teasing smile on my face. He smirked at me.

"The only one who can beat me is me," he replied. The smile on my face vanished and I remained stoic.

"Is that so?" I shook my head before standing up. "Excuse me, I need to get something in my room," I excused myself and went to my room.

I sighed.

"The only one who can beat me is me."

I see. So the only way to save them is to beat them. But how do I save myself?

I sighed. I went down to the living room only to find the three of them talking to each other.

"Satsu, can you come with me? I'll just buy some ingredients for our dinner."

"Su--"

"No. I'll come with her," Akashi interrupted her.

"But Aka-kun, sh-"

"I said, I'll come with her," Akashi repeated. Satsu nodded in fear. This boy. He really knows how to scare everyone.

Akashi and I walked out of the house. I was about to ride a cab but he held my wrist.

"We'll walk." I was about to argue but he gave me his follow-me-or-die look.

I took my hand away from his grasp and started to walk. He smacked me at the back of my head. Which, I know, is very new for him.

"Ow!" I complained.

"You're walking in the wrong way. Come here," he said, lending his hand. I stared at it with a painful expression. He wants me to take his hand.

Do I want to take the risk to hold his hand again even though I know that he will leave me afterwards? Or will I just let myself get lost in the darkness so that I can't feel pain anymore?

I want to smack my own head. I'm overthinking again.

"Just take it. Take it and I won't let go of you." I stared at him in shock. Wht did he say? "I won't let go of you not unless you want me to." The moment I smiled, I felt something tug at my heart. And then, I took the risk. I took the risk of trusting him again because trusting him is one of the happiest things I've done in my life.

He smiled when I entwined my fingers with his and we started walking.

"Did your dad already tell you?" he asked out of the blue.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"About Kyoto and Rakuzan." I shook my head, confused. "I see. If you ever find out about it, just follow your dad's order and tell me immediately."

"What are you talking about?" I asked out of confusion. He shook his head and held my hand tighter. I glanced at our intertwined hands and I remembered it. I remembered the time when he asked me to be his.