Chapter 26- His Pain

"Seijuro, are you really sure about this?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at him. He smiled a little before nodding.

The rest of the team are currently staying in the locker room. The competition is about to begin and Seijuro decided to watch the game and of course, I came along. Who wouldn't want to watch a game between the Winter Cup's dark horse and Tõõ, right?

Seijuro and I stayed in the shadows. We didn't want others to see us. Besides, I know that Seirin will be pressured if they see me watching their game.

I bit my lip as I look at the court.

'Seirin.. Please win this game.'

×

I stood there, shocked. My knees were shaking and I felt like falling to the ground any time soon. I felt different emotions inside me. It was all jumbled up that I wanted to cry. And I almost did.

I was expecting for this. In fact, this is what I wanted to happen. But still, it was shocking.

My hands were trembling violently as I cover my mouth to silent my sobs. Tears welled up in the corner of my eyes and I knew I was in the verge of crying.

Why am I crying? Because of happiness? Pity? Satisfaction? Relief? Why?

I glanced at the basketball court once more and almost cried. Dai-chan and Tetsu fist bumped. I couldn't help it. My tears started to fall like crazy. But then I also have a contented smile on my face.

I took a deep breath. They did it. Serin did it. Kagami did it. Tetsuya did it.

One down, four to go.

You're making a huge step towards fulfilling your promise, Kagami and Tetsu. I'll wait.. I'll wait untill this ends.

A hand was suddenly placed on my shoulder. I wiped my tears away and smiled up at Seijuro. "Hey," I said, my voice cracking.

"It was a nice game. Worth watching," he said making me nod.

"Yeah. It is."

***

"Hey," I called. All of them stopped walking and turned to me. "You guys can go home. I just have to go somewhere," I said.

Seijuro and Reo-nee frowned.

"You won't come with us, Misa-chan?" Reo-nee asked, concern and confusion laced in his voice. I smiled slightly.

"No." I shook my head.

"Is that so? Can you go home by yourself?" Kotaro-senpai asked.

"Of course, I can, Kotaro-senpai."

"Well then, you just call my name if anything happens and I'll be right there to save you!" I laughed at Eikichi-senpai's reply.

"Sure, Eikichi-senpai."

They smiled before saying their goodbye before walking away. I looked at Seijuro questioningly.

"Why didn't you come with them?" I asked.

"Why aren't you coming home with us?" he replied smartly. I rolled my eyes.

"I just have to meet someone," I answered.

"And that is?"

"A secret!" I said happily. He glared at me. "Oh, you mean you're serious?" I asked. I'm actually going to meet two persons tonight but he doesn't need to know that.

"Misaki.." he trailed off. He looked at me straight in the eyes. And it looks like he knows where I'm going.

"You should go home now. Don't worry, I won't stay out too late on the streets. I'll come home when I'm done."