Chapter 20- Happy But Right

After crying my eyes out, Satsu lets go of the hug but didn't remove her hand on my shoulder.

"Satsu.. D-dai-chan.." was all I could say. She smiled softly at me and tuck a loose string of hair behind my ear.

"I know, Misa-chan. I've heard everything. How come you didn't tell me what happened back then?"

"I just don't want to be a bother," I whispered.

"You will never be a bother, Misa-chan," she whispered before hugging me once again.

"Satsu, I need some water," I informed.

"You want me to get some for you?" she offered but I refused.

"No, no. I can do it," I said before standing up. I turned around and walked towards the kitchen wishing that I wouldn't cross path with Dai-chan.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a glass. I poured some water in the glass before drinking it. The cold liquid went through my throat, relaxing me. Closing my eyes as I place the glass down, I sighed.

I opened my eyes and turned around only to see Akashi leaning on the doorway, arms crossed, staring right at me.

My breath hitched.

Well, maybe crossing paths with Dai-chan is better than this.

I forced a smile. "Uh, hey. How long have you been there?" I asked. His eyes narrowed.

"A while." I nodded at his answer.

"Where are the others?" I asked, still forcing a smile.

"Fooling around," he answered. I forced a laugh. His eyes softened.

"Seeing you forcing a smile and pretending to be strong is harder than seeing you cry a thousand tears. You don't have to hold it in," he says. I stared at him, shocked.

Tears gathered at the side of my eyes. I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying. Akashi walked towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I guess I've got it wrong. You, pretending to be strong isn't the hardest thing. But you, crying and hurting because of me.."

He stopped. He didn't continue what he was trying to say. He placed his arm over my shoulder before pushing me gently to his chest. I didn't move. I didn't hug him back and I didn't know why I didn't.

I just cried. Cried because of pain. And the man who's hugging me right now is the reason of it.

"Could you please smile for me?" he requested. His voice was soft. My arms wrapped around his torso. I buried my face on his chest and cried. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," he says in repeat as he caress my hair.

I nodded. "It's ok. I'm ok," I lied. He took a deep breath.

"I hate it when you lie to me. You seriously think I wouldn't know?"

Third Person's POV

"Aomine-kun." the said guy turned and saw Tetsu. He nodded at him.

"You saw everything?" he asked, facing the view of Kyoto once again. Tetsu walked and stayed by his side.

He didn't answer. Still, the tanned man knew that his former teammate saw what happened. Tetsuya saw everything. Tetsuya saw what happened earlier between Aomine and Misaki.

"Are you alright?" Tetsu asked.

"Yes." Aomine buried his face in his hands. There was a moment of silence between the both of them until Aomine spoke once again. "No. No, I'm not," he repeats.

Tetsu looked at him with worry in his eyes.

"Tetsu, all I ever did was love her. I.. I stayed by her side. I.. I love her but it wasn't enough." Aomine stated, his voice cracking. Tetsu turned around and started walking away but before he could leave, he said something.

"Akashi-kun also loves her. I don't know what to say but.. please be happy. And do the right thing." and with that, he left completely.

Dai-chan's eyebrows furrowed. What will make him happy isn't going to be right. What will make him happy is for Misaki to be his. But is that right? Will that be right if you take other's happiness just for your own?

What is the right thing that will make him happy?

Frustrated, he went to the kitchen to grab some drink. He wants to drink. Maybe drinking would somehow help him forget about every pain he's feeling right now.

He was about to enter the kitchen but he heard something. He heard voices. He heard familiar voices.

"I guess I've got it wrong. You, pretending to be strong isn't the hardest thing. But you, crying and hurting because of me..." he stiffened. It was Akashi. And surely, he's talking to the woman Aomine loves. Misaki.

He peeked through the wall and his heart broke when he saw Misaki in another man's arms.

Akashi whispered something but Aomine didn't hear it. What happened next completely broke his heart. Misaki hugged Akashi back.

The both of them were exchanging words but none of it made sense to him. He couldn't hear anything.

All he could hear was Misaki's voice. Worse part? He heard Misaki's feelings. Misaki's feelings that made him weak.

"I love him, Dai-chan. I've fallen for him again. And it's harder this time."

He didn't know where he got the strength but he managed to walk away. Away from the scene that gave him something.

What did it give? It gave him the answer.

"What will be the thing that will make me happy that will also be right?" Aomine asked himself. "That will be trying to win Misaki's heart."

He said before walking out of the house. What he didn't know was Tetsuya heard everything he said. Tetsuya sighed. "People who are in love can really be fools."

××

Heeey, to my Pinoy readers, I'm plugging a new story! Yey! It's entitled Reign. Check out my profile and try reading it. Let me know if you like it. Lovelots!