Chapter 32- Faith

Chapter 32- Faith

Third Person's POV

Akashi stared at his reflection. The mirror's just a few inches taller than him. He has a towel wrapped around his waist. Drops of water came from his hair down to his body. He just came out of the shower.

He ran his hand through his hair.

"Today will be Misaki's arrival." he sighed. He turned around and dialled a number on his phone.

"Akashicchi!"

"Ryota. Do me a favor."

"Eh? Sure, Akashicchi. What is it?"

"Pick Misaki up at the airport, one and a half hour from now. She must be at the stadium before the game starts, you understand?"

"Ohhh. Sure, Akashicchi!"

The red head guy ended the call and looked at his reflection once again.

*****

Misaki's POV

"What?! What do you mean delayed?!" I asked irritatedly.

"Calm down, Misaki."

I glared at Ryuuji. Yes, Ryuuji. Apparently, my dad is friends with his parents and he ordered Ryuuji to look after me.

"What do you mean calm down? My flight is delayed for an hour. That means I can't help Rakuzan with their match!"

"You'll just get late. You won't miss it," he says non chalantly, rolling his eyes at me.

"Not the point. I promised my team that I'd get there to help them!"

"I thought you want Kiseki no Sedai to lose?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean I want to go easy on them. That will defeat the purpose of their promise. I'm also an athlete, Ryuuji. I don't like it when I lose. Wait. How the hell do you know this anyway?"

"I was stalking you since you entered Seirin. You bumped into me when you were searching for a club to enter to."

I snapped my fingers. "Oh! I remember now! That's when I saw you. Wait.. You became a student in Seirin?" I asked incredulously. He nodded. Oh gosh! Srsly? I didn't see him there before!

Then I remembered. Seirin will be facing Rakuzan today so I badly need to get a new plane.

I went to the counter, silently praying that there's a flight towards Japan now.

"Miss, is there any available flight to Japan now?" I asked, playing with my fingers.

"I'll look into it, mam." I nodded and watched her scroll through the computer with a radiant smile.

Few seconds later, I saw her face fell. My heart pounded against my chest.

"The next flight for Japan is three hours from now, mam."

I cursed under my breath. Seijuro will be mad at me, I'm sure of that.

Third Person's POV

Akashi Seijuro jumped, few centimeters from the three point line. He released the ball and it went in giving their team a plus point of three.

He took a glance at the bleachers and frowned when he still didn't see Misaki sitting there.

'What happened? She should be here even before the game started.' he thought.

He shook his head inwardly and focused on the game.

'Ryota, you better bring her here safely.' he said in his mind angrily.