Chapter 13 (Edited)

Chapter 13- We're Locked

"This food is really delicious, Mi-chan!" Reo-nee cheered with diamonds sparkling around him.

"Arigato." I thanked him before continuing to eat.

×××

All of them finished their meals and went to their respective rooms to rest. I started cleaning up the table and placed the plates on the sink.

I opened the faucet to wash the dishes when a hand grabbed my wrist. I almost jump at that, believe me.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Uh.. Washing dishes..?" I answered unsurely. He rolled his eyes.

"I know."

"Then why are you asking?" I asked. He glared at me.

"You should rest. It's been tiring for you to handle these players. Go rest, some of them can finish that."

"But they're also tired. I guess they're even tired more than I am. It's fine. I can manage." I assured him with a smile. His brows pulled together.

"Why are you so stubborn?" he asked.

"Because I'm a fan of yours." I answered happily as he glared at me.

My phone rang so I took off the gloves and picked up my phone, not bothering to check who the caller is.

"Hello? Misaki speaking."

"Misaki-san!" a familiar voice said through the line. My eyes narrowed and I checked the caller's ID only to notice that the number was unregistered.

"Uh, who's this?"

"I'm Ryuuji!" my eyes widened. "The guy who opened the door for you at the store, remember?"

"But.. How.. My number." was the only thing I was able to say.

"I got it from a friend of mine! I just w---"

Akashi grabbed my phone end pressed the end button. "I thought you don't know the caller? Then why are you talking still?"

"Because I want to know him?" I answered, unsure of my reply. He glared at me so I quickly zipped my lips.

"Go to the basketball court. I'll follow in a minute."

"But the dishes--"

"I'll handle it." he interrupted me. I raised a brow. "You're going to wash those?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me. "No, of course not." I nodded. Right. Of course not. I started skipping out of the kitchen and into the court.

I sat on the bench and clenched my hands around the edges of it as I swung my legs back and forth.

I stared at the sky and smiled when I saw so many stars. It looks like a paper with glitters sprinkled all over it. I sighed as I looked down.

"Problematic?" I looked up and saw Akashi. I smiled briefly before giving him some space. He sat beside me so I turned my head towards him.

"No. Not really. Just wondering."

"About what?" he inquired, raising his perfect brow at me. I smiled again and shook my head slightly.

"Nothing to worry about. Why did you want me to go here by the way?" I questioned him.

"Guess."

"You know I suck at that." I told him flatly to which he chuckled at. I pouted. "You're so mean."

"I know." he answered, looking at me. I stared back, waiting for him to say something but he didn't.