Chapter 23- When The Both Of Them Meet

Note: Short UD, sorry!

Chapter 23- When The Both Of Them Meet

I sighed as I read the message on my phone. Dai-chan's been sending me messages telling me that he wants to talk to me to clear things out. But I didn't respond any messages from him.

He didn't try to call me which is good.

I flinched when my phone rang. It's Seijuro. My worries vanished and I smiled immediately. I picked up my phone and muttered a simple 'hello'.

"I'll be there in ten."

Oh. I forgot. We have a weekend practice. "Yeah, sure." and with that, the line ended.

I wore my usual clothing before heading towards my kitchen to drink some water.

While I'm drinking, the doorbell of my apartment rang. I frowned as I look at my watch. I thought he'll be here in ten? He's too early. I put down my glass and stalked towards it, opening it and expecting hetero eyes to greet me.

But that's not what I saw.

Instead of seeing hetero eyes, I saw dark blue eyes staring back at me. Oh gosh, what's he doing here?

"Yo, Misaki. Can I come in?" he asked casually. Casually? It looked like nothing happened at all.

"Uh-- yeah." I opened the door wider and let him step inside. He walked in, observing his surroundings as he does.

"So.. This is where you live," he says.

I gulped, looking away. I closed the door and led him to the living room. "Y-yes," I answered nervously. "Do y-you want anything to drink?" I asked, not wanting to be rude.

I feel uncomfortable around him now. Unlike before. Maybe what other people say is right. When you developed a special feeling for a friend who doesn't love you back, you're heart would go sinking down the sea with your friendship included.

I shake my head inwardly, erasing my thoughts.

"No, I'll be fine," he says before yawning. I sat infront of him.

"So.. W-why are you here?" I asked, my palms getting sweaty all of a sudden.

"Hmm, just wanted to visit," he says tiredly. I sighed.

"Come on, Dai-chan. Stop playing around. Why are you here?" I didn't know where my courage came from but I wanted to get this over with. Seijuro is coming here and for some reason, I don't want him to see Dai-chan here.

He looked at me intently. He looked like he was weighing whether or not he should tell me.

Not too long after, he sighed, giving up.

"So?" I asked.

"You haven't replied to any of my messages."

"Do I have to?" I was almost shocked because of what left my mouth. I felt pain in my chest and I saw the same thing in his eyes before it returned to it's usual bored look. "Dai-chan, that's not what I meant. I---"

"No. You have got the point. You aren't obliged to return my messages."

I looked down. I just didn't know what to say. But this is what I have to do. He needs to forget that feeling. He needs to move on from this. And if me, having to be harsh at him is the cost, then I would do it without any hesitations. This will only help him so he wouldn't get hurt in the future. Better be hurt by now than to hurt more in the future. But the question is.. Can I really be harsh to him when he was the one who stayed by my side when I was alone and wounded?

I bit my lip. I have to.

"The Winter Cup will be two days from now. What are you planning to do?" I said, diverting the topic away from what I've been hiding from. I'll try to be harsh on him if he makes any move or if he tells me how he feels. Again.

"Planning? For what? Basketball? I don't think it's necessary for me to do that." I raised a brow at his response. He yawned.

"Really, huh? Then there's a bigger chance for Kagami to beat you, then."

He scoffed. "Stop making me laugh."

"Who says I'm kidding you? I don't have the time to kid, Daiki," I said.

He took a deep breath before saying "I told you before, didn't I? The only one who can beat me is me."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the familiar pain in my chest. "Yeah right."

The doorbell rang and I panicked. I forgot about Seijuro! Dai-chan sent me a look as if wondering who would visit me today.

I bit my lip. "It's.."

He raised a brow, waiting for me to continue. I sighed. "Just wait here," I say before standing up to get the door.

I relaxed immediately when I saw him smiling. "Ready to go?" he asked. Wait. This isn't the time to relax. I.. I have to get Dai-chan out of here so we could leave already.

I was about to speak when I notice the grim expression on Seijuro's face. I frowned. "Seijuro, is there something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

He wasn't looking at me but at my back. "It seems like you have a visitor," he says.

I squeezed my eyes shut, silently praying that this would end. I turned my head and saw Dai-chan behind me.

What happened with my just-wait-here order?

"Oi, Akashi," Dai-chan greeted him.

Seijuro just stood there, emotionless. I took a sharp intake of breath.

I looked to my left and saw Dai-chan with his hands in his pockets. I looked to my right and Seijuro was doing the same.

I bit my lip. Ground, open up and eat me now.

My heart was frantic as I look anywhere but the two of them.

Seijuro came in and closed the door by himself.

"Isn't that rude? You didn't even let the owner invite you in," Dai-chan says. Eh? I didn't invite him earlier either until he asked me.

"Oh? Is it? I've been doing that for the past few weeks and Misaki didn't seem to mind it," Seijuro replied. They were talking casually but the atmosphere around them is too heavy.

"Really?" Dai-chan asked. I know he's pretaining to me but he didn't remove his gaze from Seijuro.

I didn't respond. "So why are you here?" Seijuro asked, holding my hand and pulling me towards the living room.

"It seems like you know this place well," Dai-chan observed. I bit my lip when I saw his sad eyes. "Well, I came here to visit a friend. You?"

"I'm here to pick up a very special girl to a very special date." my eyes widened as I look at him.

"What?" I whispered. He ignored me.

"Oh." was all Dai-chan could say. "Can I come with you?" he asked.

"It's called a date for a reason," Seijuro said, his eyes looking straight at Dai-chan with intensity.

"I know. I won't interrupt. I'll just follow. Besides, I'm interested about what Kyoto might offer. Mind showing me around?"

That's.. Very unusual for him to ask. He doesn't want to walk because it's very tiring. He told me that before. And that's quite obvious, right? Now, what came into his mind that he wanted to wander around Kyoto all of a sudden?

And what about our weekend practice?