Chapter 29- Just Like The Old Days

I really find that picture cute. :">

Chapter 29- Just Like The Old Days

Beep Beep Beep Beep

I can hear the continuous beeping and it was starting to hurt my ears because of its high pitch sound. I cannot open my eyes yet. It feels so hard to open them.

My body feels so heavy. I can't even lift a finger. I can feel pain. Pain on my right shoulder. What happened to me? I don't seem to remember hurting my shoulder.

Then I felt a hard thing that covers my right arm. It goes to the upper part of my shoulder and ends at my hand, not including my fingers. I can't move it. It's painful.

I heard a door open and close. Then I heard footsteps walking towards where I am. I feel my body tense up. I don't know why but I feel so scared.. Terrified.

I heard the person sigh. "Misacchi.."

Relief washed over me when I recognized the voice. But even before I felt relief, I felt disappointment. I thought it was.. Nevermind. Even though it's too hard, I tried to open my eyes. It was blurry for a while but then it went clear.

White. I can see white. I looked at my side only to see him arranging foods for himself.

"R-ryo-chan.." I can't speak. My throat and lips felt dry. I can't even speak his whole name.

He turned around and smiled immediately, his gloomy face started to light up. "Misacchiiii!"

I smiled a bit.

"Wait here. I'll call the doctor." he rushed towards the door and went outside. I wanted to him to stay. I wanted to tell him to stay but I'm too weak to even do that.

I closed my eyes and waited. As I was waiting, memories of what happened came flashing in my mind. I flinched and I immediately felt anger rushing through my veins.

That.. That guy.

Tears gathered at the side of my eyes. My vision became blurry because of it. I bit my lip.

I'm not crying because of what he did to me. I'm crying because I lost. Before I black out, I was sure that he made the last shot. I saw it. Me, losing to him, means..

Seirin getting hurt. I cried out of anger. Anger towards him and his cruelty. But also anger towards myself for being unable to do anything about it.

I felt a sharp pain on my chest when I thought of them getting hurt.

I blinked my tears away when I heard shuffling of feet. And I was right. The door opened and it revealed Seijuro with a doctor.

The doctor asked me things like how do I feel, what hurts and everything. He was jotting down everything I say in his clipboard before saying things to Seijuro. He smiled at me before going out.

I wiped my tears away with my left hand before looking at my right arm. I had a cast. And my shoulder was covered in bandages. What did I get myself into?

"Seij--"

"You said you'll just buy groceries," he said, looking at me with his face void of any emotion. I felt pain in my chest but I ignored it. "If I didn't come after you to give you the money then I wouldn't have known what happened."

I looked away in shame. I know I was wrong. And it hurts a lot more when other people take notice of it.

"You knew what kind of man Hanamiya is. Yet it didn't stop you to do whatever you did." he was glaring at me and I know he was mad at me. "You wanted to protect Seirin. When Tetsuya found this out, he got mad. Not to you. Not to Hanamiya. But to himself. He was blaming himself because he thought he was too weak that even you had to protect him."