Chapter 4

The Second Encounter

I don't know how long was I lying on bed when I can finally have the right mind and strength to feel my reflexes to open my eyes.

Wherever I am, the light is too bright so I could to blink multiple times to adjust myself to it.

Where am I? I turn my head from side to side to check the room that I'm staying. I'm in a hospital? I'm alone. No one is inhere and I have an oximeter on my finger, a UV and then some random tubes on whatever it is used for.

My body still feels so heavy and I can't move some parts of me yet specially my right leg which is cemented. I raised my hand to touch my face and I felt some bandages on my cheeks, my forehead and my lip feels a little tingling.

I was about to remove this oximeter on my finger when the door opened and a female nurse came in.

"Oh, miss. You're finally up." The nurse approached me.

"What's going on? Please remove all of these craps off of my body." I told her.

"Not yet, miss. Please stay still, I can't make any decisions without the doctor's permission." The nurse softly assured me then turns to leave.

Shit.

Damn, I want to get out of here but not home.

I'm too broken to see my best friend and my fiancé together.

"Good morning." The door reopens, and a deep and husky voice spoke. I raised my head to see it is, hoping that it was the doctor this time.

But my eyes widen as I find the doctor is quite familiar. And I would never forget that face.

"Y-you...?!"

"It's nice to see you again, princess. I am Doctor Bateman. I'm a surgeon and I'm the one who handled you ever since you got into that accident." The handsome man introduced himself.

This is the one that I am making out with at the club. That mysterious stranger.

"Y-you're a doctor?" I sound so dumb asking that question.

The man chuckled, his chest shaking a little. "Yes. So, do you want anything? Water?"

I nodded, hesitantly. He walks towards the fridge then opened it, he brings a bottle of water then poured it on the glass then handed it to me.

"Alright, to start it...how are you feeling?" He asked while I drink.

"Headache, and bodyache?" I murmured, but still I let my eyes wander around.

"I know I look familiar to you because we met at the club before yet I don't have any idea who you are. So can you please tell me your full name?" He grabbed a nearby chair then placed it down next to my bed then sits on it. "Do you remember anything before you got into an accident?"

Of course I know everything. I just don't know it, I can still feel it. The pain of betrayal.

Actually, this wounds and broken bones that I have is nothing compared to the pain I have inside my chest.

"Did you contact any of my family?" I asked, not answering his question.

"Not yet. All I know if you're the woman that I was kissing at the bar but unfortunately, I do not know what's your name." He replied, resting both of his hands on top of the bed.

Damn, his doctor is really handsome. His light blue eyes is very mesmerising and it perfectly matches her light brown hair, giving him that manly yet mature look. Jesus, I can't believe that I am still ogling about this man at a time like this.