Chapter 43

A Moment of Silence

Not just one photo, but there are several photos. They were sent by Gale, makes me wonder why does he have these?

Wanna know how dirty your husband is? - Gale

The grip on my phone tightens as I mentally curse Gale. How dare he.

I quickly typed back.

Go to hell!

I quickly shut my phone and buries my face in the pillow. I don't want him to mess with my head again because it's killing me. I don't want him to start believing that I will come back with him. He's a jerk.

This is gonna be a wreck.

Hurry home, Caius. Please. I need you.

The next morning, I received a phone call from Caius, saying that he is already at the awarding ceremony. He sounded excited when he saw the surgeon that he looks up to.

"Be sure to have a picture with him." I joked while I ready myself to go to work.

"He is the one who will give me the certificate and medal, Shanaya. We surely will have a picture." He chuckled.

"Then good." I smiled, feeling his happiness overflowing. "I'm so happy for you, Caius."

"Thank you, Shanaya. That is all I need." He replied, his voice hoarse and it gives me goosebumps.

"Be sure to come home to me as soon as you can." I told him, the smile escaping my lips. "I miss you."

"Of course...I am still looking forward for what you are going to say to me." He said before I hear someone spoke at the background. "What is that?"

"The ceremony is starting." He murmured. "I will call you again later...and send you a picture with the award."

"Okay, good luck and have fun. Socialize with the other doctors."

He scoffed. "You know I won't do that unless I have to. Bye, baby." then the call ended.

I miss him so much. I feel like I grew fond of him that I can't sleep without him anymore. To the point that I love cuddling in bed with him and enjoying how long the night is for us.

I badly want to say I love him and hear him say it back one time too.

Yes, Caius and Laureen might have something that I cannot reach or I cannot change anymore because they are in the past and life will always be unfair. They have their own relationship but I will have a better one with Caius. That is what I will prove and rub in her face.

I will not make any actions until I have a talk with Caius.

But this Gale needs to learn how to shut up and mind his own business. He doesn't need to stick his nose in my life even if worst things will happen to me. He is not concern with me anymore and I hate how it turned out. He could have just leave me alone instead of bugging into my life again because it sucks.

I groaned and tried my best to sleep through the cold night and then woke up the next day with bags under my eyes. Great.

The next morning, I received an photo from Caius. It's just him and the award that he was given and a huge gold medal. Its not a selfie shot but he looks cute and just imagining that he took a photo of himself. He seems to be very happy about it because it is very obvious in his face. I bet a lot of women had a crush on him because my husband really looks handsome. He is a genius and a great surgeon so I don't know what else could go wrong aside from his sometimes cold attitude but he changed for me.