Chapter 36

The Issue 

“I can’t understand why I need a gown,  Caius. I am not a doctor to be the main event. A simple one is fine. Besides, I’m just your wife.” I battled with him as we talk about the party tonight.

Honestly, I planned to wear a very simple dress but when he saw the it this morning, he didn’t like it because it’s too plain. But it is actually a good dress and I don’t want to grab some attention later, it’s my husband who definitely deserved all the praise.

“Exactly, you’re my wife so you need to wear a gown.” He argued with me while giving me choices. We are currently in a gown tailoring shop and he insisted that I should get a gown but I keep on telling him that there is no need for me to get a gown. Because I might be too much since I’m just the wife. I would totally dress up glamorously if I’m a doctor. 

“No, I don’t went to wear a gown. Just a simple dress would be fine.” I told him once again before grabbing my clutch bag. Caius already had his own tux but he is not gonna buy one here. So, we drove all the way here just to get a gown.

The owner of this shop is a famous designer so all the evening gowns here looks amazing and expensive. I was searching through the racks and liked a few dresses. The one that caught my interest is the  black satin off shouldered dress, well designed with diamonds. I showed it to Caius and he somehow liked it. 

“That is a newly designed dress, Miss.” The lady that is assisting us said. 

“That’s good. Try it out.” He nods and sat down on the lounge chair as I head inside the dressing room.

I removed my clothes to put on the dress and came out when I’m done. This actually suits me well and very comfortable. It ends above my knee and it hugs my body well. 

When I came out of the curtains, Caius’ eyes dimmed as he glances at me from head to toe. The corner of his lip curled up and stands up to check the dress. He examines me well and nodded. “Not bad...” he commented and the saleslady smiles in agreement.

“So, shall I buy it?” I asked.

“I will buy it.” He insisted then when his eyes landed on my back, it was bare because it was a deep cut behind me. “Are you comfortable on a bare back?”

“Yeah, I can handle it.” I replied, turning to head back to the dressing room.

We finally bought it and since I forcefully sink this opportunity in my scheduled, I need to get back to the office. I already told Miss Cara that I will take the week off because we are going to Maldives tomorrow for a vacation. I’m actually excited for it but I still haven’t prepared my stuff.

Caius knows how to surprise me and I really appreciate it. Who would have thought they he will somehow change after the way he treats me a few months ago. He became sweet and caring and I don’t know what changed it.

That evening came by and I’m glad I’m all dressed up, my hair is already done and so is my makeup. I decided to join Caius at the living room which is I’m sure that he is already waiting for me. And I was right! 

Caius was standing in front of the large mirror as he arranged his tie. His hair looks perfect to his attire and I can’t explain how handsome he is right now. He somehow noticed me at my reflection in the mirror and turns to look at me with fodness.

“Wow.” He grinned, his blue eyes examines my body, admiringly. “You look beautiful.”

“Yeah, really beautiful, Mrs. Bateman.” Claire agreed, with the maids behind her and so is Joseph.