Chapter 40

We dine at the overwater bar and had some grilled steak, some barbecue, and picked some of their trademark Indian cuisine

We dine at the overwater bar and had some grilled steak, some barbecue, and picked some of their trademark Indian cuisine. The breeze here is strong but it feels very refreshing especially the amazing view. They offer many more food but we just ordered everything that seems to be delicious and has a sexy name...that was according to Mike.

Alacholic beverages are frohibidded here so we only had some sweet iced teas.

Right now we are just eating some desserts and having a funny conversation which includes some naughty past that they hold.

It was a huge silence when it was Lucas' turn to say something. Everyone had finally shared something about their past and he was the last one in the group but aside from me. They immediately skipped my turn because Caius quickly changed moods. He and Phoenix hated mentioning Gale.

"It's baby Lucas' turn now." Phoenix playfully pinched his cheeks as he was a little kid.

Lucas slaps his hand off and glared at him. "There is nothing interesting about my life."

"There is!" Phoenix and Caius disagrees with him. "Let us start from Talia."

Oh that is the trigger. For the first time, an expression washed his face, his eyes was filled with sorrow and pain upon mentioning the name. Which actually leads me to be curious about his story and what caused it.

We all leaned forward to hear what he is going to say and Lucas just let's out a heavy sigh and shook his head.

"Talia...she has been erased in my memory for a very long time." Lucas murmured, looking away at the distance.

That sounds painful.

"Who is she?" I asked, hoping that they don't mind me on being nosy about this.

"She's the only woman who can hurt me." He muttered, inhaling in the process. "That's not so interesting right? Now, change the topic before I walk out."

The rest of us just stare each other in silence, sending each some signals that we should stop asking Lucas for more because it is very obvious that he doesn't like talking about this Talia.

I just turn to Caius over my shoulder then sat back to lean on him then crossed my leg. "This is your fault for bringing it up." I whispered in his ear.

Caius held back his laughter before whispering back to me. "You're the one who asked who Talia is."

Oh this cheeky bashed.

"Don't mind him, he will get over it eventually." Caius replied, chuckling.

"But who is she exactly?"

"Just a woman he loves. He let her go and the last time we heard about that woman is that she is already married."

Oh, poor Lucas. I wanted to ask why he let her go but that is totally not my business anymore. I don't want to create more awkwardness with him so I will just keep my mouth shut.