Chapter 9

He's Back?

"You are doing a good job, Ms. Campbell." My private physical therapist praised me as I moving my legs. He is training me this time while we are in the pool. He said that it is a good practice trying it out this time in a water.

So he is assisting me as he held my arms so I could lean on it. He's a man so his grip are very strong.

"Damn, I never imagined it could be this hard though." I muttered under my breath. The water level is just below my waist and I'm wearing black booty shirts and an oversized white shirt. I do not think a swimsuit is appropriate in this situation.

Half an hour later, the session is done. I sat down at the edge of the pool, taking a short rest because it's very tiring and it's not just a session though, it's a very tiring exercise as well.

Gwen handed me a glass of lemonade that was made by the chef maid. And come to think of it again, this is the first time I used Caius' swimming pool. And it is quite funny because they even made it presentable. It has a lemon sliced in it, a heart shaped straw and lots of ice. The maids here shows me their care through this though. Although they do not talk to me or anything.

"You gained weight."

I startled hearing that deep familiar voice. I turned my head towards the sound and my eyes widen seeing a tall built.

Caius was standing there, one hand inside the pocket of his jeans, standing next to a lounge chair. He is wearing a white stripes button up shirt and denim jeans. His facial hair has grown a bit though.

"After a month of absence, that is the best way you can come up aside from hello?" I spat, raising an eyebrow.

Caius walks closer then stands next to my spot. "I talked to your therapist, he said that you've been improving fast."

I chuckled. "Well, that's a good news."

The edge of the pool is slightly damp but he didn't care when he crossed his legs and sat down next to me. The tension suddenly builds up as I felt a little insecure at his presence. It's very unusual that he is here with me because I'm used of being alone in his home.

"Are you only here to get some things or you are gonna stay for good?" I asked, in doubt that he is going to play house with me for the rest of the day.

"I think that I will stay for a while." He replied.

"That's too bad, I'm used of not having you around me." I sarcastically spat, crossing my arms.

"I know," he said with seriousness. "I know that I need to make it up to you so that's why I am taking you out."

I was taken back of what he said. "Excuse me?

"I just helped a very exclusive patient of mine. As a thank you, he gave us a four days trip in Hawaii."

"Wait, no." I declined. "I'm not coming."

"Why not? It's for you and me."

"I'm not going anywhere." I stood up to my decision.

"Yes, you are." He insisted, his tone is strong and obviously, not taking no for an answer.

"You can't just barge in here and tell me things that I should do, Caius. Don't make me hate you." I warned, crossing my arms and arching an eyebrow to look annoyed.