Chapter 14

Honeymoon Problems

It's already evening, and I'm just sitting here outside the house, swaying in the hammock and staring at the black sky. Our dinner just arrived and I am not in the mood to eat.

Caius is sitting at the porch, just a few minutes away from me, he's reading large books about his medical expertise. I'm getting bored now and I need to get his attention. I sound desperate but I am not. He is just making this difficult for the best of us while my intention is good.

First in my list.

Get to know some basics about him.

How can I complete this task without pushing his buttons.

I hopped off the hammock then run inside the house to pick up the telephone and dialled for a room service...even though this is not just a room.

"Hello?"

"Hello, good evening. Can I order a bottle of your strongest alcoholic beverage? And can you add some lime and salt?" I asked, keeping my voice low so that Caius won't hear it.

"Okay, Mrs. Bateman. Would you like some strawberries dipped in chocolates as well to accompany your champagne?"

"Erm...sure." I bit my lower lip.

"Okay, your order will be there in a few minutes."

"Alright, thank you." Then placed the telephone down. Now, fingers crossed. I am praying that Caius will cooperate in this one or else I will be the one who is going to be embarrassed here. Well, if he doesn't want to play then I will drown myself in alcohol.

But of course, I won't do that.

I drink but I'm also can control my crave for it. I have so many things that I do in my life and drinking is just a good thing to do when I'm having fun or wants a little highlight in my life. It is very irritating when someone or somebody called me a good girl because honestly, I'm not.

Sometimes it's good to break the ice.

After a few minutes, I heard someone calling outside. And it happens that Caius is in the porch so I assume that he is a little confused.

"Thank you." I come out of the house and takes the tray from him but he insist that he will be the one who is going to put it down on the table.

Caius raises his head then gave me his questioning look with his eyebrows furrowed together. "What's this for?" He asked as soon as the delivery guy left us.

"I ordered it." I answered, in a duh kind of tone then grab a chair nearby to sit close to him where the tray was placed.

"You're going to drink?"

"Nope, we are." I said, taking one strawberry dipped in chocolate inside my mouth. "Hmm, this taste amazing." I whispered to myself.

"What are you plotting? Trying to get me drunk or you want to get drunk?" He accused and the slight irritation is slowly spreading his emotionless tone.

"No!" I quickly stated. "I'm just trying to clean and make everything smooth to us."

His left eyebrows slightly raised and crossed his arms. He closed his books and faced me, slacking back to his chair and still looks so genuinely handsome, just hide that that evil attitude of his because I can't deal with it anymore.