Chapter 31

Another Day

That evening, Caius and I went home together because true to his words, he did wait for me until seven. He was just obediently sitting there, doing his own thing and time to time, he would come to me and ask if I'm alright. He was hesitant in asking me because he promised that he won't speak a word.

I introduced him to other workers and he seems to be friendly towards them, plastering that face he uses when he is meeting with some patients or some professional people. That fake jolly smile of his that he shows to everyone except for Omir. It was obvious that he doesn't like him.

So, we arrived home and once again, alone inside the house. We started to prepare our dinner and being Caius as the chef, and I am just assisting him.

Tonight, he is making a lemon garlic Parmesan pasta and once again, I'm impressed. I didn't even know how to make this and I'm watching his every move on how he does it. I should really think of something to cook so I could return the favour as well.

Yes, maybe I'm still a little worried about the trust thing that Lau did but I realised, who is she for me to be agitated about? This is my life and Caius is my husband. So what, if he used to date or have a fling with Lau before. Caius accepted me as for me and so will I.

I am watching Caius drain the pasta from the boiling water and now he is about to mix the sauce on the noddles. 

Without thinking, I just walked towards behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. I felt him stiffen when he felt my presence. My cheek is resting near at his back so I easily felt the vibration when he chuckled. I feel like I just need this for a moment. After what I encountered with Lau, I guess this is just the time that I'm cooling myself.

It is a shame that I treated Caius at the office a little colder than my usual way of approach towards him.

Caius placed his hand on top of mine and I thought he was gonna unwrap it but he just leaned it there. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You keep on giving me the same answer, Shanaya." His baritone voice is so sexy but it holds demand right now.

"Because it's true." I replied, now resting my chin on his back and smiled.

Caius transferred the noodles to a plate with me still sticking behind him but he turns around and placed his hands below my butt to carry me up so he could sit me down on the stool. "Does this has something to do when Laureen talked to you?"

I shook my head and put up a fake smile. "Of course not, she is not worth it if I keep on thinking about her."

"Good, I don't want you to worry about something like that." Caius pulled away to take the plate of noodles and poured the sauce on top of it. The aroma quickly fills my nostrils and I quickly drooled for it.

I leaned down to smell the pasta and the lemony scent is amazing. "Wow, you are amazing, Caius."

"Of course, I am." He bluntly smirked then brings out the plates for the both of us. Oh, my husband is just serving me. I didn't even do anything aside watch him cook. Then he gathers some in his own plate, twirls the noodles around his fork then raised them up to my lips. "Taste them first."