Chapter 34

Breaking 

“Nice work, everyone! Let us call it a day.” I cheered and clapped my hands while walking past my employees. I just badly want to go home right now to my husband. Everything went cool this day besides the part when Gale came marching inside my office.

Caius hasn’t replied to my texts and didn’t answer my calls and it has gotten me a little worried. Maybe he’s just sleeping?

I was heading outside where Joseph is probably waiting for me when a hand suddenly pulled me back causing me to bump on a hard body. “The heck! Gale, don’t touch me.” I quickly pushed him away from me. 

“I told you earlier,  we are going to talk so get in my car.”

“No fucking way...just having you around me makes me sick even  worse when talking to you.” I snorted, rolling my eyes then crossed my arms then sigh deeply. “Gale,  please...I’m begging you.  Leave me alone. I don’t want to talk to you anymore and I never want to see you again.” I tried making my sound strong.

Gale pierced his eyes straight to mine using that calm looking face. “I will not come nagging you here if my intentions aren’t good. You have to learn something about that husband of yours.”

“Why do you care? Our problem is none of your business so don’t put your nose in my life again.” My voice was deep,  trying to make each word get inside his mind. 

“I care,  Shanaya! Yes,  I used you but we have been together for years.  I know you more than anyone and belihe it or not, I still care for you. So, I don’t want you ending up with that son of bitch!”

Good thing that they aren’t that much people in here because we would totally make a scene in here. But my anger is really getting in me. I am doing everything I can to stay calm and try to block all of the things he is saying but this is the very first time that Gale won't stop just to make me come with him. He badly wants to turn me against my hudbsnd, that is what he is trying to do. 

"You cared for me?" Bitterness was obvious in my tone. "You never cared for me, Gale. So stop bugging me already. Your fiance is in the same building as I am and I don't want to cause any more problems with the two of you."

Gale massaged his temples. "Fine, if you want me to leave you alone then I will but just this once...come with me." His voice became gentle all of a sudden. 

"No, I am not coming with you. I will go home early today because I want to see my husband and now you are just gonna make me waste it."

"Just ten minutes...all I need is ten minutes of your time." He battles on, blocking my way.

Shit,  he is making this so hard for me. I gulped and looked at him deeply, trying to test if he is just using this as a chance to take me back. But seriousness was really the only thing in his eyes. "Just this once, Shanaya then I will leave you alone if that's what you want."

I groaned and bit my lower lip, tensionally. "Fine but please...not in your apartment. Let us just talk somewhere else that is more public. I can't stand being alone with you."

Gale finally sigh in relief. "Okay, I know a place where we can talk." He was about to head in front but I stopped him. 

"Let's go this way." I pointed out the opposite side at the back. "I don't want my driver to see me leaving with you."

"Okay." He just nodded and we walked towards the back of the building which is another way out. 

I tried making a huge distance between us when we are walking. I just don't feel comfortable with him standing next to me. It is not comfortable for me to be with Gale but if this is the way that he will leave me alone then so be it.