Chapter 21

Savour the Moment

"We have nothing else to do about it so just go whatever this will leads us to." Caius replied after I explained what happened between me and Lana at the restaurant.

He already picked me up at the restaurant after Lana gets home first. She badly wants to meet Caius but I keep on telling her that today is not the right time for that. But I promised her that she will meet him soon.

"Wait, you're not angry?" I asked, quizzically.

"Why should I be?" He questioned back.

"We have been busted, Caius. My family already knows about me...even you. Now, they wanted to see us so badly. So, are you ready for this?"

He let out a throaty short chuckle. "I was the one who started it right? I called your sister."

"Does that mean your ready?"

"I always plan things, Shanaya. In every action, I ready myself in any consequences." He replied, his eyes focused on the road.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you do, so you must have also consider that Gale already knows this."

"Good then." He muttered with a mischievous grin.

Wait, he also planned? But I don't think that I'm ready to face him yet. Not just him, but the pain is still deep in me. I know it, because I can still feel it. Lau betraying me is much worse.

I was having a panic in my mind until I felt Caius slowly placed his hand on top of mine causing me to raise my head to look at him. His eyes never left the road but I can sense  the seriousness in it.

"Relax, Shanaya. I'm not just there as your accompany but I'm there as your husband. So, don't think that you're carrying all of these on your shoulders." He stated, his voice low and monotone. Not a hint of happiness or any anger there but there is concern and reliability in there.

"You should be. You don't know my Dad and brothers, they will scare the shit out of you." I muttered, rolling my eye but I didn't have any plans on letting his hand go.

A small laugh escapes from him. "Nothing can scare Dr. Bateman, Shanaya. Remember that."

"Everyone has their weakness, Caius. Don't say such things." I battled.

"Oh yeah?" The corner of his lips lifted. "Let's see then if you can guess it."

At least, this is a relief. Caius is really trying to step forward in his plan. He is now coming out of the shadows to show everyone about us. And that includes letting Gale know and I really wanted to see what his reaction will be.

His and Lau's of course. Will they be in shock? Will they try to stand straight and raised their chin up with confidence once they see my ghost haunting them to the day that they betrayed and cheated on me.

I badly want them to suffer the consequences.

"What I'm worried about is how will you face those demons who hurt you." Caius suddenly spoke.

"What?"

He turns to me for a few seconds as he looks deeply in my eyes to ask. "How will you handle the situation if yours and Gale's paths crossed."

My heart pumped cautiously when I hear his question. He is actually asking the truth and the possibility is high.

"How will you face the people who gave you such misery?"

It took several seconds to answer and breathe deeply. "I actually have no clue." I honestly responded. "You know, seeing them that day is like a knife stabbing my heart. And I still haven't taken it out from me. It is still very painful for me but...seeing them, I'm not sure. Will the knife be lifted out or it will just cause it to deepened."