Chapter 33

The Husband is Sick

Caius and I was soaking wet when we returned home causing for us to shiver in coldness. I told him to have a warm bath before going to bed but maybe he is too tired and just went directly to sleep.

The next morning, I didn't bother waking him up early since he mentioned that he is taking the day off. So I let him sleep until he is contented.

I already had my clothes on, a tight pink sleevless dress without shoes yet because I'm just making my way back to my closet when his phone starts to ring.

It could be important but when I saw the name on the screen, my blood just boiled. Now why would that whore call him at this early?

Caius is being covered by the blanket as it was raised up to nape because he is lying on his front.

So without asking or waking my husband, I answered the call instead. "Hello?"

"Hello, can I speak with Enrique?" Prey spoke.

OH. Good morning to you too. "My husband is still sleeping so you cannot speak to him at the moment. Should I wake him up for you?"

"Oh, no need. I just want to ask if he is coming to the hospital right now?"

I sat down on the bed next to Caius and placed a hand on top of him because I noticed that he seems to be breathing deeply. I tried to remove the blanket off him but he is groaning.

Is feeling okay?

Placing a hand on his forehead, my eyes widen knowing that he's literally hot. Like he's on fire. "Caius?"

"Hello?" Perry's voice still lingers on the phone.

"Sorry, Prey but I'm busy right now." I ended the call immediately and shakes Caius in his sleep. "Caius, you're burning up." I continuesly shakes his shoulders.

His eyes slowly opens and searches mine. "Shanaya... Its so cold."

"You have a fever, Caius. I told you last night to take a warm bath but you didn't listen to me. Look what happened to you." I nagged, removing the blanket off him fully and tried to raise him up.

He sat up and wipes his sweaty neck before adjusting his pillow to make it high." What time is it? "

"Almost eight in the morning. I was about to leave when I noticed you. Anyways, how are you feeling? Dizzy?"

"Yeah, a little bit." He replied, but with a chuckle in the end.

"Wait, you should change your shirt" I told him then head towards his own closet to grab a clean shirt. When I get back, I removed his shirt and changed his so he could get comfortable.

Caius had his eyes fixed on me the entire time and it is making me tensed up. "Stop looking away when I'm looking at you, Shanaya." a wicked grin lifted the side of his lips.

"What do you expect? You look at me like you want to eat me." I mumbled.

"It's true. I want to eat you." He winked, causing me to roll my eyes.

Groaning, I stand up straight and head towards the kitchen. But just in time, Claire was there just waiting for the other maids to do finish their chores. "HI, can you make a some soup? Caius is sick so maybe something like that will make him feel better?"

"Dr. Bateman is sick? It's because of the rain last night."

"Yeah, I feel like it's my fault." I bit my lower lip.