Chapter 20

Reunion

"Hello?" I hear my sister's familiar voice on the other line.

My eyes questionably looked at Caius. Seeing if he is just teasing or maybe testing my reaction. I wonder what he is planning to do. But he seems to be dead serious again. "Go on." He murmured to my ear then gives the phone to me before he leaves me alone at the kitchen.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" My sister keeps on asking. "What kind of a lunatic who would call at this hour?"

"Lana."

Then silence...

"Lana, it's me." I talked.

"Fucking shit. You have got to be kidding me?" I hear her cursed as her voice slowly decreases.

"Calm down, Lana. Don't shout." I told her, trying to keep my voice down.

"Shanaya? Is that you? Y-you're alive?!"

"Yes, I'm alive." I told her, biting my nails this time and trying to turn my head where Caius is. He is just silently eating a new slice of cake and eats it on the kitchen counter.

"Jesus Christ, how the fuck did that happen?" It is very evident in his voice that she is not happy at the moment. "Shit. What happened to you? Is this really you?"

"You kept on asking the same thing, Lana. Yes, this is me." I assured him.

"Of course I kept on asking, you weren't even answering me!" she groaned.

"Because you won't calm down!" I said.

"How can I fucking calm down? I just found out that my baby sister that I thought I was dead is alive. And I'm talking to her right now!" She shouted. "Damn, Shanaya."

"I will answer them all, okay?" I continue to sooth everything smoothly. Then I let out a loud sigh. "Sheez, I am really expecting this to happen though, but listen to me. And don't talk until I stop."

"Alright then, explain everything to me."

"I survived the accident. I was brought here at a local hospital and I had my pelvic dislocated, so I was unable to walk for months." I muttered, "I was unable and depressed for a very long time and I was not in the right mind to contact you."

"But how did it happen? How did you ended up in that accident? And in that place?"

"I guess you still didn't know it." I murmured under my breath. "I caught Gale and Lau cheating on me."

Now silence on the other line...

Caius raised his head to turn his face to me. He is listening to our conversation.

"Lau? As in, Lau your best friend?"

"Yes." I sigh, gulping as well. The situation is making me sweat and I'm not clearly prepared for this. "Lana, I know I have a lot of explanation to do to you but I think it is appropriate if we talk on the phone."

"Then let's meet up."

I glances at Caius, waiting for a sign that he will let me meet up with him. But he nods which is surprising but then he whispered, "only her."

"Don't tell anyone yet, Lana. This is just between you and me." I reminded her with caution. I know things will get complicated too much if we just keep on adding people to be involved in this.

"Are you kidding me? Shanaya, Dad is so worried. He has been so depressed when we found out that it was you who died. Even Franco and Leo, they were screaming at everyone that believes that it was you who died and was burned in your car." Lana disagrees, her voice raising. "Shanaya, we deserve to know that you are alive. We are your family. You don't know how relieve and happy I am to know that you are alive and so will them."