Chapter 4: Parker and Pandora

Heidi's POV

"Parker." I say to the guy in front of me, "Pandora." I say turning around and looking at the girl behind me. I see Gracie relax and lower her bow, "Hello friends." Gracie says smiling at the two siblings, Pandora walks past me and hugs Gracie in a huge hug, "It has been far too long my friend." I can tell just by the way they are hugging that those two seem close, but if you think about their parent's stories, it kind of makes sense why the two are so close. "What are you two doing here?" Parker comes up behind Gracie and hugs her tightly, "We are the newest students here at Auradon Prep." Parker says with a huge grin, Parker is part of the fencing team, the guy's cross country team, the tourney team, the guys swimming and diving team, and the wrestling team. Ben had made hundreds of new extracurricular activities. Pandora on the other hand is part of gardening club, gymnastics team, the girls swimming and diving team, she does yoga every morning with a group of people, and she is one of best girls the choir. "That is amazing, how are your parents?" Gracie asks snapping back to reality, "Mom and dad are doing great, and so is your mom, I talked to her everyday till the day I left." I felt like I was in some way intruding on a special moment, and I think someone else noticed that as well, because as I look up at the three I catch the blue eyes of Parker. Parker cocks his hear to side and raises one of his eyebrows at me, "I know why us three are here in the forest, but what I am wondering is why you are here Heidi?" Parker asks. All three of them turn their attention to me, "So, Heidi, what brings you out here?" Parker asks. I am not sure on what to say, I couldn't tell them the truth, "I was just walking through the woods and I met Gracie here. Gracie gives me a weird look, "I almost put an arrow through her skull." Parker and Pandora look between Gracie and I, "Gracie, Heidi is a hero, she has saved Auradon more than once, you can trust her." Pandora says placing her hand on Gracie's shoulder, "She is also in very high favor with King Benjamin." Parker smiles at me showing off his prefect white teeth, "I can see that she is pure of heart." Gracie says. I look at her confused, "What do you mean?" Gracie looks around the forest, "This part of the forest is connected to the enchanted lake, making it a special place that only a person with a pure heart can enter, and it wasn't a mistake us running into each other, I believe that everything happens for a reason." Gracie says smiling at me a little, "I figured that you would be with Harry." Pandora says, suddenly Pandora lets out a small gasp, I notice that her gold necklace starts swinging side to side, "So that is how you entered this part of the forest." I look at her not sure what she is talking about, "What are you talking about sister, Gracie just said that Heidi has a pure heart and that is why she got to pass." Parker places his hand on Pandora's shoulder and pulls her a little way away from me, "That might be true, but there is another reason." Pandora looks at me then her eyes falls to my stomach, that is when I start to piece everything together, it hit me like a ton of bricks, Pandora knew my secret, somehow and someway Pandora had figured out what I am hiding from everyone especially Harry. "What is it sister?" Parker asks Pandora looking down at his sister, "Please tell me that I am wrong." Pandora asks stepping towards me, "How?" was all that came out of my mouth, "It's an old wives' tale that the elder women believe in, I got this necklace from my mother and she told me that it is one of the oldest things of her people." My mind is going a million miles a minute, I turned around and started running back out of the forest, I couldn't hear anymore of Pandora's fables and hocus pocus mind tricks, I just keep running and running, thinking that maybe just maybe that I would out run this, that I would wake up and this would be all a dream. I stop and start catching my breath, "Hey Heidi." I hear Ally say, Ally turns the corner and comes into view, "Why are you so out of breath?" I take one deep breath, "I just went for a run, and time must have gotten away from me." Ally smiles one of her genuine smiles, "Must have been a great run." I don't say anything I just nod my head, "If you excuse me I am going to go see my boyfriend." Ally nods her head and skips off in the other direction. I make my way to the guy's dorm and walk into Harry's room, Harry is wearing only a pair of dark grey sweatpants, "Hey love." He says as she spins me around and kisses my lips, "Where have you been?" Harry places me back on the floor, "I just went for a little run is all." I notice something laying of Harry's bed, "What is that?" I ask pointing to the piece of paper. Harry rolls his eyes and lets out a huge groan, "That must be bad news." I walk past him and over to the bed and pick up the paper, once I see what it is I have to say that it wasn't just a normal piece of paper, "Now I see why you let out the groan." I say with a smile on my face turning towards Harry holding up the piece of paper.