Chapter 25: Telling The Girls

Heidi's POV

"So, this whole-time you mother has been hidden here in Auradon?" Jane comments after I am done telling them the story, I nod my head and sigh, "Your father never told you where she might be?" Lonnie asked still trying to wrap her head around everything I just told her, "If I am being completely honest, I don't think my father told us about her for many reasons, most of them personal, but also because he didn't know what happened to her." As I look at Evie and Mal I see them both looking at the floor, "Mal, Evie, what is it, what's wrong?" Mal wipes a tear away from her eye, "Heidi you got something that all of us villain kids would give anything for." I look at her confused, "You got to meet both of our parents, not many if not any of us from the Isle can say that we know who both of our parents are." I flop down in the chair, "Your right, growing up on the Isle each of us have only one parent, either a father or a mother, never both, and I am sorry for rubbing it in your faces like that." I get up and hug both girl tightly, as we pull out of our hug Evie looks at me, "Don't be, Mal and I would be the same way if we had met our father." It was at that moment that a light bulb went off in my head, "I just thought of something, if Ben found my mother, maybe he could find our father's." The look on their faces is like someone just ran over a puppy and kept on going, "Heidi we are happy for you, but I think that part of our lives is better left in the dark, I am going to be Queen, and I don't need any more complications then what is already on my plate." Mal said letting out a huge breath of relief, "As for who my father might be, if my mother's story is true then I already know who he is and what happened to him." Evie's voice shows her sadness, "Well if you ever want to know all you have to do is ask." I say to the two girls and they nod their heads. "Can we get back to the subject at hand please, I want to hear more about this half-sister you have on the Isle." Lonnie said bringing Mal, Evie, and I back to the group discussion, "My mother didn't tell me a lot, all she did was tell me her name is Shay." I know that if I am going to find out anything about my half-sister, then I am going to have to ask people from the Isle, and I know just where to start. "Mal, does that name ring any bells?" Mal thinks for a moment then shakes her head, "No, can't say that I have heard of any girl with that name back on the Isle." The expression on Mal's face makes me believe that she knows more exactly who I am talking about, "Evie, what about you?" Evie body tenses and she's starts to panic, "I have heard that name only once before, and that was only because I was eavesdropping on a conversation." Again just like Mal I could tell that Evie also knew more then what she is telling me. "I am most likely going to have to go to Yzla for information." Evie and Mal share a look between them, "I have some other news I have been wanting to tell you all for a long time now." All four girls turn their intense gaze to me, "What is it Heidi?" Jane asks, "You mean you have been keeping something from us, I thought we were your best friends?" Lonnie says with a little anger in her voice, "I haven't told a lot of people about this because I know how it is going to look once word gets around." Each girl is trying to figure out the news before I say it, and I am sure that one of them will guess it, "Does Ben know?" Mal asks giving me a puzzled looked, "Yeah, I had to tell him, he was the only one that I thought could give me some helpful advice on this." Mal looks even more puzzled then before, "He hasn't told me anything except about your mom." The last thing I want is to get Ben in trouble when his wedding is less than 24 hours away, "He has a lot on his mind, brides aren't the only ones that get nervous." I took a deep breath, I knew the time had come for me to tell them, but somewhere inside of me is telling me not to, to think how everything will change once I tell them, and I won't know how they truly feel, they might just say something I want to hear, now I am starting to rethink this whole thing, I could hold off on telling them, I will tell them when I can't hide it anymore. "Heidi, what is the news?" Evie asks snapping out of the fight I was having with my inner thoughts, "A couple of weeks after the masquerade dance, I went to the doctor's and I'm pregnant." I said flat out, the girls were like stone, no one moved, their faces showing a mix of different feelings, I am starting to wonder if maybe they aren't sure which feeling to pick right now, "Can one of you say something, if you all react like this I can just imagine on how everyone else will." I am suddenly engulfed in a huge and tight hug by Jane, "THIS IS AMAZING!" Jane lets me go and smile a huge smile at me, "It's a shocker, I don't really know what to say." Lonnie says but she smiles at me, "I mean it in a good way Heidi, out of everything that could have come out of your mouth, that is the very last thing I would have thought of." I turn my attention to Evie and Mal, "What about you two?"