Chapter 28: Hidden Stories of Auradon

Heidi's POV

I burn the hands that are around my shoulders, and the person screams in pain, "What was that for?" I heard a female ask. I turn around to see that the person behind me was none other than Yzla, "Yzla, what do you think you are doing?" I ask putting out the fire in my hands, "I heard you wanted to talk to me, and I figured you would want it to be in private." Yzla is still recovering from the burns, "Next time just tell me, you don't have to make me think you were abducting me." Yzla nods her head, "I will remember that." I walk over to Yzla taking a look at the damage I caused to her, "I am sorry about burning you Yzla, I guess it is just a reflex." Yzla rolls her eyes at me, "At least now I know to never sneak up on you or surprise you." I can't help but feel a little guilty, I didn't mean to cause her pain, but on the other hand she did kind of deserve it. "How did you know that I wanted to speak to you?" I ask her, I only told a few people about it, "I have my spies, one of them told me that after you spoke to your mother that you were desperate to talk with me." Leave it to Yzla to know everything about everyone, I am always surprised by her, she gets new information every hour and she still manages to keep track of it all, and keeps track of her employs, "Well as usual your spies serve you well, I do need to talk to you, but I also need a favor." Yzla's ears perked up, "A favor, that would mean you would owe me a favor in return." I slow a thump in my throat, "Depends on what you already know." Yzla sits on a bench, "What do you want to know?" I sit down next to her, "What do you know about a girl from the Isle named Shay?" Yzla's eyes widened and got dark, "That name is like a curse on the Isle." I take a deep breath and let it out. "Why, My mother seemed scared of her, Mal and Evie wouldn't dare talk about her, and now you seem frightened of just hearing her name." Yzla places her shaking hands in her lap, "It who is she is associates with that causes reactions like that, truth be told Heidi I am not even sure she still lives on the Isle of the lost." I sigh and looks up at the stars, "I was afraid you would say that." Yzla looks at me with curiosity, "Heidi, Shay isn't dead, the last I heard she left the Isle of the lost and took refuge on the Isle of the doomed." I look at her like she is crazy, I have heard of the Isle of the doomed, but it was just a made-up tale to scare us kids, "What are you talking about Yzla, everyone knows that is just a made-up story." Yzla shakes her head slowly, "That is what we are taught, but deep inside the Auradon Library, is the true tale." I feel myself taken back a little, "Tell me the tale Yzla." Yzla takes another deep breath before starting the story, "Before the kingdoms sent our parents to the Isle of the lost, there was what is called 'The Great Trial' each villain was looked over by the council and it was them who sentenced the villain and their henchman to the either the Isle of the lost, or the Isle of the doomed." I eagerly listen to the story, "Most of the villains were sent to the Isle of the of lost, but a hand full of them were sent to the Isle of the doomed, the council found their deeds dark and thought they needed a much worse punishment." I take a moment to take in the story, "This doesn't add up, our home is full of the most dangerous people who have done unspeakable things, I think your lying to me Yzla." Yzla looks at me in disbelief, "There are some villains they wanted to separate from the rest." I was not buying this story, I know most of the adults on the Isle and they have done evil things, and if what Yzla says it true, most of them would have been sent there instead. "How many were sent to the other Isle?" I ask still not believing a word, "As far as I know there are only 7 villains." I scoff at her, "And do you know who these all evil 7 villains are?" Yzla nods her head, "I read through the council's journals of "The Great Trial." I cross my arms over my chest and cross my legs, "There is Shan Yu, The Horned King, Rasputin, Shere Khan, Kaa, Rumpelstiltskin, and who the council was most terrified of The Chernabog." Some of those names sound familiar but some of them don't, "I know some of them but not all." Yzla lets out a laugh, "That is because they have wiped from history, but history says that these 7 villain's legacy lives on through their child." I shake my head and try to get back to why I wanted to talk to Yzla in the first place, "What does any of this have to do with my half-sister?" Yzla shakes her head and sighs, "Your half-sister lives on the Isle of the doomed." It was at this moment that everything became clear I remembered what my mother told me about her, and how she inherited a special gift from her father, "I know who she is, and I know her legacy." I say falling to my knees, "I am sorry that you had to find out this way Heidi." Yzla places her hand on my shoulder, "I will try to find out as much as I can about her." Yzla walks off and I stay on my knees looking up at the dark sky. I am snapped out of my trace by someone calling my name, I look behind me to see Ben, "Heidi, what's wrong?" I look deep into Ben's eyes, "My half-sister is the daughter of Shere Khan." I say out loud, but saying it doesn't bring me peace.