Chapter 42: Battle Plan

Heidi's POV

Harry and I just arrive in time as Ben is starting his speech, "I would like to thank everyone for coming, and putting their trust in me." I pull Harry with me as the two of us stand in the back, "This is where we will draw Sienna, Savannah, and whoever else is naïve enough to join them, we have the advantage because we know this place, it is a part of our home." Ben smiles down at Mal, "And it is far enough from the castle, to give people time to run if it comes to that." I couldn't imagine what would happen if Sienna wins and takes over the world. "We will need three groups to pull this off, the first group will be Herkie, Artie, Gordon, Bashful JR, and Sleepy JR." All but grumpy Gordon agree, "You five will be look out for anything out of the ordinary." Gordon scoffs, "You mean we are the first line of defense, and will the first to be killed off." I roll my eyes, why did he have to take after his father. "I know that is a great risk, but I know that all of you can do it, we are all counting on you." The five of them group together, "We will not let you down Sir." Artie says bowing to Ben, "The second group with consist of Parker, Pandora, Paul, Aaron, and Lil Shang." The five of look at Ben waiting for him to give them their assignment, "You five will have to draw Savannah away from Sienna, we will all have a better chance of a quick victory if we dived and conquered." I see Parker and Pandora whisper to each other, "Ben, we might have the perfect person who has a better chance than us all to capture Savannah's attention and draw her far away from the battle." Everyone looks at the brother and sister with an odd expression. The sudden ruffling of the leaves and the sound of twigs and branches breaking makes all of us turn to our attention to behind Parker and Pandora, and out of the shadows a girl steps out, she is slender, her golden hair is mixed with just a hint of yellow highlights that anyone could miss, her brown jacket is open revealing a light tan almost white shirt, her light brown skirt stops just at the start of her knees, and on her feet are a pair of ankle high heel boots that are the same color brown as her jacket. "And who do we have here?" Asks Ben not taking his eyes of the unknown guest, "Introduce yourself, no one will harm you." Pandora says in a soft voice, Ben walks through the crowd and up to the strange girl, "You can trust me." Ben takes the girls hand, "My name is Simone, I am the daughter of Simba." My eyes along with everyone else go as wide as they can get, "I thank you for coming, I know that you are putting your life in danger by just being here." Simone lightly nods her head, "After Parker and Pandora found me and told me about what happened at your wedding, I knew that the time had come to finally face my fear of meeting the daughter of Scar." Simon's shaky voice indicates that she would rather be anywhere else then here right now, "Again, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you joining us, you might be the key to winning this pointless battle." Simon steps away from Ben and back behind Parker and Pandora, "Anyways back to the plan, that leaves me, Lonnie, Doug, Jane, Ella, Christyn, Cory, Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Heidi, Harry, Gil, Hadie, Diego, and Jade to do battle with Sienna." Everyone gathers around Ben, "Sienna and Savannah are vastly outnumbered, I am hoping that will makes this an easy victory, but we all know that isn't the case, Sienna nor Savannah will give up without a fight, and that is why I am ordering all of you to not kill either of them or any of their human helpers." Everyone starts talking to one another, "This is actually what you said when Queen of Hearts invaded, and you spared them." Gordon pushes his way to the front, "You need to ruthless, and show the people of the Isle that if they threaten any of us you will show them no mercy, otherwise you look like a fool." I have had enough of listing to him, but right as I am about to step up to him I feel metal around my wrist, my eyes see Harry's hook listing in the sunlight, "Be can handle himself love." Harry whispers in my ear, "Gordon, I am the King, and I will not let anyone take over this kingdom or any kingdom, I have been trying to peace with the Isle, and yes things have not gone as planned, but I see no reason to punish everyone for a few rebels that only want to be heard." Gordon rolls his eyes at Ben, "YOUR FATHER KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING WHEN HE SENT ALL THOSE NO GOOD, ROTTEN, SCUM TO THAT ISLAND, WHICH I THINK IS MORE THEN WHAT THEY DESERVE, AND HERE YOU STAND WANTING TO MAKE PEACE WITH THEM, YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF THAT CROWN!" Gordon yells at the top of his lungs and turns his back on Ben, I look close at Ben to see him shaking, "I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH OUT OF YOU, I HAVE DONE MY BEST TO TREAT EVERYONE WHO STEPS FOOT IN AURADON WITH RESPECT AND KINDNESS, I FOLLOW WHAT MY HEART TELLS ME, AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT HAS GOTTEN ME THIS FAR!" Ben turns Gordon around to face him, "I AM YOUR KING AND YOU WILL SHOW ME SOME RESPECT, I AM WILLING TO TAKE A RISK IF I FEEL LIKE IT IS WORTH, AND IF IT ENDS UP BLOWING UP IN MY FACE, WELL THEN I PICK MYSELF UP AND TRY A DIFFERENT WAY TO ACHIEVE THE GOAL!" Gordon swallows a large lump in his throat. I feel something cold touch my skin, "Snow?" I say out loud catching everyone's attention, "Ben, it's snowing." Mal says with everyone looking up at the sky, "The first snow fall." Ben sighs as we all dread what will happen next.