Chapter 16: Big Brother

Heidi's POV
I finally make it to my brother's dorm room and I knock as hard as I can on the door, the door swings open to reveal my sleepy brother in just a pair of black boxers, "What do you want little sister?" he asks in a groggy voice rubbing his eyes, I don't say a word but push him into the room and close the door, "I have something urgent to tell you." My brother sits on his bed, "What is so important? Did you Harry have another fight?" Sarcasm evident in his voice, "As a matter of fact we did, but that isn't the point." Hadie lets out a loud groan, "Then why are you here, I was in the middle of my afternoon nap." I couldn't help the feeling of frustration start building inside of me, "Wil you please listen to me and stop interrupting me." Hadie rolls his eyes and gestures for to keep going, "Ben just told me that he knows who are mom is." The look on Hadie's face was the same look I must have had, but unlike me it only lasted a moment, suddenly I found myself ducking from a blazing inferno coming from my brother. Once I am sure that is safe I lift my head up to see my brother's hair is still in flames, I sigh and stand back up, "You really inherited father's tempter." Hadie just smiles a goofy smile before blowing a piece of his flaming hair out of his face, "If that is the case, that would mean that I take after dad and you must take after mom." I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, "What all did Ben tell you?" I take a deep breath and sit on the floor, Hadie sits down across from me, "That she was with our Uncle Poseidon while having an affair with dad, and maybe some other guys." Hadie runs his hand through his hair, "Also turns out that she is in a special restricted area here in Auradon." Hadie looks at me like I have lost my mind, "What do you mean, if she is here in Auradon does that mean she is a hero?" I shake my head at my brother, "Turns out she is a villain, and the only reason she wasn't banished to the Isle was because father didn't want her there, so in the end the people of Auradon trapped her here." I stopped talking and let my brother take in the information, "No wonder dad didn't like talking about her, or any of our family for that matter." I nod my head, but in my heart, I will never forgive him for all the torment and everything else he put the two of use through, "Ben said that she wants to meet us." I say softly, I look into my brother's eyes seeing a dozen different emotions in them, "I want to, I want to meet her and hear her side of the story." Hadie still doesn't say a word, "Please say something." Hadie looks at the floor in front of him, "I am not sure that I can see her, there is so much that could happen if we go." I place my hand over his, "But, there might be more that we could miss if we don't, Hadie we have always wondered about her, this is our chance to finally put the missing puzzle piece with the rest of the puzzle." Hadie nods his head but I am not sure why, "I feel like we have gone this long without her then why should change that now." Even if he won't admit it I know that my brother is on the verge of tears, "Hadie, I am asking you as your baby sister, as the little girl that you have protected all her life, please come with me and meet her." Hadie eyes bore into mine, "If you really want me to come with you I will, but Heidi, please don't get your hopes up." I fling my arms around his neck and place a kiss on his cheek, "You are the best big brother." Hadie smiles at me as he wipes my kiss off of him, "You just be better be happy that I care so much about you." I stand up on my feet as Hadie does the same, "You ready to go tell Ben?" I ask him opening his bedroom door, "I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that we are making the wrong choice." I take his hand in mine, "She is our mother, we have a right to see her and get to know her." Hadie nods his head again throwing on a pair of black jeans, black shirt, and his shoes. Once he was dressed we both walk out of the room, "You never did tell me her name?" Hadie asked closing his bedroom door, "Ben said that her name is Thelxinoe." I see Hadie's eyebrows scrunch together, "That name sounds familiar to me for some reason." I look at him confused, "Why would Father mention her name, he went to great lengths to make sure that we knew nothing about her." Hadie just shrugs his shoulders, "If she was with Uncle Poseidon, he might have let her name slip during one his lessons he taught me about being king one day." I couldn't say he was wrong because I was never around when our father talked and educated Hadie on that type of stuff, mainly because father would say that a woman has no need to know this, and there is no point since there will be no Queen of the underworld. "Who knows." Hadie and I walk out of the dorm room and head towards Ben's office to tell him the news. After a long walk across campus the two of us finally make it to the front office door, I knock softly, "Come in!" I hear Ben say from the other side of the door. I open the door and Hadie and I step inside closing the door behind us.