Chapter 8: Kingly Advice

Heidi's POV

"I need some advice and you might be the only person that might help me the most." Ben looks at me in a weird way, "Heidi? What is it? What's wrong?" I could hear the urgency in his voice. I sigh before answering his question, "One of my close friends just found out that she is pregnant, and isn't sure how to tell the father, or how to handle it herself." Ben looks at me with curious eyes, "Is it someone from the Isle, or someone here in Auradon?" I wasn't sure on who I should tell him, I felt guilty just throwing one of my friends under the bus, but I wasn't ready for him to know the truth, call me selfish if you will, but I will do anything in my power to keep this a secret as long as I can. "Someone from the Isle, and before you ask who, I would rather not say, and betray her confidents." Ben nods his head seeming to understand. "Well, has she decided if she is keeping it?" Ben sat back down in his chair, his attuited back to what it was before I caused his worry to spike. "Yeah, she is keeping it, but she is worried about the baby being sent to the Isle, or even both of them being sent to the Isle." A smile spread across Ben's face, "That baby is a part of Auradon, no matter who their parents, or grandparents are." I let out the biggest sigh of relief. "That is great to hear, she was very worried about that." Ben looks at me then his eyes fall to my stomach, "As for telling the father, I am not sure what to say." I sit down in a chair on the other side of the desk, "Any advice would be helpful." Ben clears his throat, "As a man myself, all I can say is that if Mal was pregnant I would want to be the first to know, I would hate that she would keep something like from me, I would like I let her down because she couldn't come to me and tell me, and to go through that all alone, I wouldn't wish that on anyone." Ben's words struck a chord in my heart, I know deep down that I should have told Harry when I first found out, but a part of me doesn't want to mess his life up, he has been doing so well, and I think me telling him this could cause a major setback. "She's scared to tell him, she doesn't know how he will react." Without knowing it my hands fell to my stomach and of course Ben was the one that noticed it, "Heidi?" Ben started as he stood up from his chair and made his way to me wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I could help the sob that escaped my lips, I flung out of the chair and into Ben's arms. "Ben, I am so scared, and I haven't told Harry yet." Ben just stood there letting me cry my eyes out on his shoulder, "Who all knows?" That was all Ben asked, "I think Pandora and Ally, but that is all." I could hear Ben sigh, "Heidi, you have to tell Harry." I lift my head off his shoulder and wipe the tears away, "I can't Ben, I am not sure how he will react, about a million different scenarios have popped into my head, and only one plays out well." I feel Ben lift my chin so I am looking into his eyes, "No matter his reaction, he is the father of his child, and he will start to notice sooner or later, and by then he will be more hurt by the fact that you have been lying to him for so long." I couldn't argue with what Ben just said, and that kind of made my stomach turn, "How long has it been since you found out?" I laugh a little, "I found out about 2 weeks after the masquerade party." Ben let out a chuckle, "I thought I noticed you two had disappeared from the party a little early." Only Ben could make me laugh at a time like this, "We thought that we wouldn't be missed." Ben cocked an eyebrow, "Believe me some people noticed, but I don't think their minds would go to that." It was my turn to raise an eyebrow. I said nothing as Ben raised his hands, "Okay, point taken." I hug Ben tightly, "And as I said, I won't send you or that baby to the Isle." That was a large weight of my shoulders, "You really are too kind when it comes to being king." Ben steps back from me as he leans against his desk, "That isn't true, just ask anyone on the Isle, they are just waiting for me to take a dirty nap." Ben's face showed sadness, "That is a lie and anyone who really knows you will say the same, Quinn and her group were too dangerous to leave here." I noticed just how the subject of why I came in here in the first place had taken a sudden backseat, "I preach of giving our generation a chance, but when the chips are down, I fold and go back on my word." I take Ben's hand and place it on my stomach, "Harry and I's baby will be proof that you are a mercy and kind king, and maybe this generation will take another step towards everyone being at peace." Ben smiles at me then smiles at my stomach, Ben and I suddenly hear the sound of something hitting the floor. We both look to see something that I wasn't ready for, standing in the doorway was Harry, his textbooks were on the floor which is what caused the noise, Harry's eyes looked blank, and his mouth hung open a little, "You're pregnant?" Harry says looking at me in my eyes.