Chapter 22: Not Ready For That Just Yet

Heidi's POV

"I would rather talk about anything else." Harry says looking away from my eyes and turns his attention to his hook, "Harry a couple of people already know." Harry quickly faces me, "What do you mean, who have you told?" Harry asks fractally, "Pandora, the daughter of John Smith and Pocahontas found out somehow, Ally found out because she overheard me say it out loud, I told Ben the truth because I needed some advice on how to tell you, you found out because of Ben and I, and I told my mom." Harry looks scared to death right now, and that is something I rarely see. "How could you, you have no idea what you have done." I look at my like he talking crazy, "Excuse me, but this is not all my fault, you and I did this together." Harry rolls his eyes at me, "I am not talking about the baby, I am talking about the people you told, you know how word gets around fast here." I try to take his hand but he pulls away from me, "You are overreacting, the people that know I would consider them more family then friends." Harry scoffs at me, "You think that now, but soon enough the whole school is going to know, and we are going to be outcasts just like on the Isle." Harry stands up and starts pacing, "It is not that bad, Hooky please relax, when people find out I am sure that there will be some that will down on it, but there are also some people who will be happy for us and support us all the way." I wrap my arms around the back of his neck and nuzzle my face into his neck, "I am starting to get excited about this baby, I want to know what gender it is, who it might look like, what we are going to name him or her?" A kiss his cheek, "What do you want it to be, a boy or a girl?" Harry's shoulders slouch and he lets out a deep breath, "I don't want to talk about it, if we start talking about it like you just were then it sounds like we are okay with it, and I get that you are, but I'm not, I have my whole life ahead of me, I wasn't going to think about kids for a long while, and now everything changed." I unwrap my arms from around him and stand in front of him, "So this child has somehow ruined your life, is that what you are saying to me right now?" Harry sighs loudly, "I don't regret that night, it was one of the best nights of my life, but this is not what we planned, we were going to finish school and start a life, I just didn't think it would be this early." I couldn't believe what Harry was saying, "Well news flash Hook, this is happening, right here right now, we are going to be parents, and I would like to think that you would be there for me through all of this." Harry looks deep into my eyes, "I will be, but a big part of me isn't ready to talk about it, or anything that is related to it." Harry is doing all he can to not have this important talk that I know we need to have, "Why not, what is so bad about talking about it?" Harry runs his hook along his jawline and I know that he is close to giving into his Isle instincts, "Please don't push me on this, we will talk about it when I come to grips with everything." I know that I shouldn't push him but a part of me couldn't help it, "What are you so scared of, talk to me, I am your girlfriend, the woman that loves you, there is nothing that you can't tell me that would make me think and look at you any differently." I take Harry's hand in mine and turns his face to look into my eyes, "Don't shut me out." I begged him, but the look in his eyes told me that he wasn't going to, "I have to do this on my own, you got to deal with it on your own, now it's my turn." Harry pushes my away and picks up his bag, "I will see you later, I need to get to practice." I sit on the bleachers and don't say a word to him, all I do I nod my head. I hear Harry sigh before he places a kiss on my forehead and walks off, the only thing running in my head at this moment is how will we get through this or will this bring the true end to our relationship.

Harry's POV

I is the hardest thing for me to do, just walk away while I know Heidi is in pain, everything in my is telling to blow off practice and talk to her, but every time I see her and I look at her stomach I am reminded that I ruined her life, I am the one that will cause girls to gossip about her, I am the one that will cause guys to think nasty thought and make jokes about her, I am the one that will cause teacher to think differently about her, and most of all I am the one that ruined any dream she had. I sigh and walk away knowing that I caused her enough pain and suffering for one day. I walk into the locker room and notice that I am the only one in there, everyone must be already in the arena. I walk over to my locker and start getting changed, I hear the sound of the gym door opening and closing, "Hello!" I yell, but no one answers. I finish getting ready and close my locker and out of the blue I am picked up by the collar of my shirt and slammed into the lockers, "We need to have a little talk." Hadie says to me, and by the look in his eyes I can say that this isn't going to be a friendly talk.