Chapter 17: Our Mom

Heidi's POV

Ben smiles at the two of us, "I am guessing that the two of you have decided on what you want to do?" I nod my head with a smile, "Before we tell you our answer, I have a few questions I would like answered." Hadie said taking a seat in one of the chairs, "Of course, I will answer them to the best of ability." Ben says sitting down in his chair, "How are we going to enter the restricted area?" I sighed and sat down in the chair next to my brother, "I have already told fairy godmother that you two might show up, so she is already there waiting to usher you through the shield." Hadie and I looked at each other with the same look on our face, "You expect us to just walk through another magic barrier without having worries or concerns." Ben's face showed sudden clarity, "I sure you that you won't be trapped there, Fairy Godmother will let you in and out when you are ready." I could tell that Hadie wasn't believing Ben, "Hadie you can trust Ben, he hasn't lied to us before, we don't have a reason not to trust him," I can see Hadie's hair start to flame up, "I am so sorry that I am having a hard time trusting the man that put us under a magical barrier before and left us to rot there." I knew that Hadie would have mixed feeling about trusting people, everyone from the Isle goes through that, "Well if you want, I will leave first, I know that Ben would never intentionally trick me like that." Hadie doesn't say a word, "You have my word Hadie, nothing like what happened on the Isle will ever happen to you here." Hadie lets out a huge breath, "How do we get to this place?" The tone in Hadie's voice told me that he was ready to leave, "Do you know where the enchanted lake is?" I title my head to side, "No, I don't think I do." I place my hand over my brothers, "I do, I know how to get there." Ben nodded his head, "Once you get to the enchanted lake all you do is follow the water." My mind immediately went to Gracie and what she said about the part of forest being a special place, "Does this have anything to do with Gracie?" Ben looks at me with a smile, "No Heidi, the place your mom lives is far beyond Gracie's reach." It was my brother who spoke up this time, "What exactly are we going to find when we follow the water?" I look at Ben wondering the same thing, "The Enchanted lake runs to a waterfall, it is where the waterfall is where your mom is." I nod my head and stand up from my chair, "Thank you Ben, I am not sure how I will ever be able to repay you for all that you have done." Hadie stands up too, "Thank you." Ben smiles at the two of and nods his head. After we got done with our talk with Ben Hadie and I waste no time heading into the forest, "So, what do you think she is like?" Hadie asks me as we walk through the woods, "I am not sure, I can't even imagine what she might look like." Hadie smiles at me before running and front flipping over a broken tree, "You are such a show off." I run and jump in the air twirling over the broken tree and landing on my feet, "And you call me a show off." I shove his shoulder and we keep on walking. We reach the clearing that leads to the Enchanted lake, "The way leads to the lake, so I guess we should head that way." I point over to my left, "At this point little sister I am just following you, just make sure that you don't get us lost." I roll my eyes at him, "Hadie, what is the first thing you are going to say to her?" My brother doesn't answer right away, he puts his hands in his pockets and looks up at the sky, "I was going to ask her how she could just abandon us like she did." I knew that Hadie was going to be tough on her but I have no clue on how I will react, and the closer we get the more unsure I am. As we reach a cliff I see Fairy Godmother standing just below, "I think we found it." I point to Fairy Godmother. Hadie makes his way down first, and then helps me down, "I am happy to see the two of choose to come after all." Fairy Godmother says as we walk over to her, "So, our mom in around here somewhere?" Fairy Godmother nods her head and turns so her back is facing us, I look at Hadie confused, but I see Fairy Godmother pull out her magic wand and raise it high in the air, "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!" Just like that magic shots out of her wand and forms around what I am guessing is the magic barrier, the magic shapes in the form of a door, "There you go children, but you must hurry this magic doorway won't last forever." I waste no time in walking through the doorway and I look over my shoulder at my brother, "You coming?" Hadie takes a deep breath and cautiously walks through the doorway. Just as he makes it through the doorway vanishes and Fairy Godmother is standing there, "See, just like Ben said." I take Hadie's hand and we start exploring this new part of Auradon. It feels like we have been walking around for hours and we still have not seen any sign of our mom, "Told you this was a trap." Hadie said but I suddenly hear the sound of the waterfall, "I hear the waterfall." I start running through the woods following the sound, I stop right at the edge of the water and I see someone sitting on a rock, she is slender, has long wavy blonde hair, and is wearing a beautiful white silky dress. "Mom?" I ask, the women turns her head and her dark eyes land on me, "Heidi?" The woman says.