Chapter 12: A Neverland Story

Heidi's POV

As I hear the Paul close the door I find my way over to his bed sitting on it, "So, what to tell me what is going on?" Paul asks making his way over to me, "Harry and I just got into a huge fight." I was trying to go into super detail about why Harry and I fought, "What about?" So much for that, 'Let's just say that he found out something that I didn't tell him right away about." Paul nods his head and sits on the bed with me laying down, "Must have something important for you two to fight over." I just sigh and rub my wrist, "Heidi, what happened to your wrist?" I don't say anything, the last thing I want is for people to think that Harry is abusive. "It's nothing, and before you even ask Harry had nothing to do with it." Paul just looks at me but doesn't say anything, "So are you two broken up again?" I flop backwards onto the bed and look up at the celling, "I have no idea, I just walked out and came here." The sound of Paul's laughter shook the bed a little, "Out of everyone in the whole place, you come to the one person that he hates the most." Now that Paul mentioned it I have to say it does seem kind of odd. "You are the one person that I know I can talk to without Harry finding out." Paul is still chuckling but nods his head in agreement. "I am just so unsure on what to do, deep down I feel like he is going to break up with me and never speak to me again." Paul stops laughing and waves his hand, "Harry would never do that, I see the way you two are with each other, if there is such thing as love I am one hundred percent positive that you two the very definition of true love." A smile appears on my face, "Yet another reason why you are a close friend Paul, you are just like your dad, and that is why it feels so easy to talk to you." Paul smiles a smile that shows even more of his father, "What is it like growing up in Neverland?" I ask turning over on my side so that the two of us are now face to face, "You did not come here to listen to me talk about my life, you came over here to talk about you and Harry." I sigh and smile at him, "Tell me about Neverland and then we can talk more about me and Harry." I say with a begging look on my face. Paul let's out a huge sigh, "Can't say no to a beautiful woman." I squeal knowing that I got what I wanted. "Growing up in Neverland was like growing up anywhere else I guess, we had a house, I had friends that I played with every day, you know normal things." I am not satisfied with just that, "I want to know a personal story about you and Neverland." Paul thought for a moment then smiled, "I have never told anyone this, not even my parents." I scooted closer to him, "One day I was swimming in the lagoon minding my own business when all of a sudden a girl appears, she had beautiful red hair, and skin that was like pearls." I laughed a little hearing him talk about the girl, "As I got closer I noticed that she wasn't a girl at all, turns out that she was a mermaid, I knew that I had to get her attention, so I decided to show off for her, so I jump onto the biggest rock I could find, and as I looked down I saw that she was watching me." I couldn't help but admire the way Paul was going to such detail about that day, this day he was telling me about must have been special. "I take one deep breath and leap off the rock, I do a couple of trick and I suddenly hit the water." Paul stops and I can see his cheeks turn a little red, "Go on, what happened next." Paul smiles at me, "I swim back to the surface only to see the mermaid holding my shorts that fall off as I hit the water." The laugh that erupts from me is very loud, loud enough I think the people in the next room heard me, "Paul, that's awful." I say through my laughter, "I can hear the concern in your voice." Paul says as a smile appears on his face as well, "Did the mermaid give you back your shorts?" I ask my laughter still not fully under control, "No, she smiled at me and swam off, I had to walk all the way home like that." My stomach was hurting due to the laughter, "That is the funniest story I think I have ever heard." I say clutching my stomach, "I am glade that the most embarrassing moment of my life so far brings you such happiness." Once my laughter got fully control I wiped a tear away from my eye, "Thanks for distracting me Paul, I needed a laugh." Paul nods his head, 'Always happy to help, if there is one thing I am good at it is making others laugh." Paul moves closer to me, "Do you remember how we met a couple of months ago?" Paul asked and I nod my head, "You fought Harry in fencing class." Paul smiles stretches ear to ear, "And I beat him, after that I gave you a single rose." I smile at the memory, "Then Harry and you got into fist fight." Paul scratches his abs which he only does when he gets nervous, "Why are you so nervous?" I ask him, Paul looks into my eyes then his eyes move to my lips, "There is something that I have been wanting to do since the day I first saw you Heidi." I was confused about where this was going, the next thing I know Paul's lips are on mine.