Chapter 9: Reaction I Was Expecting

Heidi's POV

"Please tell me that I didn't just hear what I think that I heard come out of your mouth." Harry says not moving from his spot, I look from Harry to Ben then back to Harry, "I wanted to tell you so many times, I just couldn't find the right moment." I say looking deep into Harry's eyes, what happened next is something that I predicted to happened, Harry came unglued, "SO IT'S TRUE! YOU ARE PREGNANT!" Harry yelled making his way into the room and slamming the office door closed. "Harry please clam down." I try to reach for him but he shoves my hand away, "How long have you known?" Harry said in a quiet voice that was scarier than when he is was yelling at me, "I found out 2 weeks after the masquerade dance." I don't look Harry in his eyes, "YOU HAVE KNOWN THAT YOU ARE CARRYING MY CHILD FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH, AND YOU DON'T THINK THAT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU SHOULD SHARE WITH THE PERSON YOU LOVE!" Harry throws one of Ben's chairs through the glass window behind Ben's desk, I cover my ears as the sound of the glass shattering into thousands of pieces and next the sound of the chair smashing into pieces as it hit the cement sidewalk below, "Harry Clam down!" Ben says stepping in between Harry and I, I place my hand on Ben's shoulder, "Ben that is not a good idea." I say but Ben doesn't listen. "THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU BEN, THIS IS BETWEEN HEIDI AND ME." Ben makes moves, "Ben it will be fine." But Ben just pushes me farther back behind him. I wasn't going to let Ben be the next the victim of Harry's rage, I pushed Ben out of the way and stood right in front of a fuming Harry, "The reason I didn't tell you in the first place was because I was scared, and Harry I still am, I still haven't come to full grips of the situation yet, that is why I didn't tell you, I wanted to deal with this before telling you, that way I could help you deal with it." Harry's eyes are still as black as ever the anger still had a tight grip on him, "I know that this is life changing news, but it's happening." I reach my hand up to touch Harry's face but before my hand can get there Harry stops it with his hook, "You have no right to touch me right now." Harry said in a low voice, "Harry come on, you know now, the worst is over." Harry let's out a dark chuckle, "You think that I am going to forgive you just like that? You have been lying to me for a month about what has been wrong with you, and I can't believe that it took me this long to piece together all the pieces of your lying puzzle." I couldn't say anything because Harry has every right to angry with me, "How could you go day after day, and week after week and not tell me Heid, I thought we loved each other and kept no secrets from each other." The guilt was becoming too much for me bare, tears started to flow from my eyes like a river, "Harry believe me I wanted to tell you, I was just scared of how you would take the news." I can hear Harry start laughing again, "Well you got what you wanted Heidi, your worst fear has come true." Harry lowers his head so he is eye level with me, "I hope that is all that you feared, I could have stayed on the Isle, I could have been doing what I think is the right thing to do, but I gave up everything, even who I was just to be with you, but that wasn't enough for you." a sudden sharp pain started coming from my wrist, that is when I notice that Harry had dug his hook into my wrist, and he wasn't playing around because I can see blood dripping down my arm, "Harry your hook." I say, Harry's eyes move from me to his hook and he doesn't remove his hook, "Harry that hurts!" I yell at him, Harry release me and the look on his face was pure regret, deep down I knew that Harry had forgotten that his hook was around my wrist and he didn't mean to cause me harm, or did he? "Heidi, I didn't mean to do that." The anger and rage that had a tight grip on him has faded away, he is now back to the man that I love, "It's okay, I know that you think before you act." The wounded isn't as deep as I thought, "Don't beat yourself up about a little scratch." Harry falls to the floor and sits there not saying a word. "Heidi, why don't you go and get that checked out, I would like to talk to Harry alone." Ben says in the nicest voice he can muster at the moment, I knew that Ben could handle himself against Harry, "Okay." Was the only thing I said, I kneel down in front of Harry as I place my hand over Harry's, "I still love you more than anything Hooky, and I hope that you can forgive me for lying to you." I gently kiss his cheek and stand back up onto my feet and head to the door. Ben opens his office door for me and I walk out, "Ben, please just promise me that you won't be too hard on him, after all I did lie to him, and he has reasons to be angry with me." Ben's eyes show uncertain emotions, "I will try my best to keep our conversation from coming to blows." Ben smiles a smile that I knew was just to make me happy, but I knew that there was no point on calling him out on it. "Thank you." I say giving Ben a quick peck on his cheek. Ben closes the door and I knew that there was only one person that I wanted to see and talk to right now, and if Harry ever found out where I was going, he would most likely be on the next limo back to the Isle.