Chapter 6: A Friend Like Ally

Heidi's POV
Ally didn't say anything she just stood there with her wide eyes, I place my hands on her shoulders and shook her a little, "Ally!" I yell trying to snap her out of her trance. Finally Ally blinked and her eyes went back to normal size, "Did I hear you say what I think you said?" Ally asked taking my hand into hers pulling me towards the bed, "Are you pregnant?" Ally asked straight out as the both of us sat on Harry's bed, I was a loss for words but I nod my head putting my head in my hands. Ally starts rubbing my back and trying to sooth me but it wasn't working, "How far along are you Heidi?" I lift my head up from my hands and look into her eyes, "A month at least." I say taking a deep breath, I can see Ally was thinking about something but of course I could never guess what it was, "That would add up to around the time of the masquerade dance." I sat there amazed, "Ally how did you figure that out?" Ally just smiles one her of her sweet smiles and sighs, "I am a master at math, it is my favorite class." I couldn't help but laugh, "So did you and Harry......" I just nod my head before she can finish her question, "That explains why you and he disappeared the rest of the night." Ally sounded like she just solved a murder mystery, "Yes Ally, everything you just said is right on the money." I push a loose strain of hair behind my ear, "So what was it like?" Ally asks getting closer to me, I laugh again, "Ally, you are one of my best friends, but I really don't feel like its right to talk about a private moment that Harry and I shared." Ally just nods, "So, does anyone else know besides me?" It is at that moment I remember my encounter in the forest, "Ally do you know who Gracie Willow is?" Ally put her finger to her lips and thought for a moment, "You mean the girl that lives in the woods at the edge of the enchanted lake?" I am a little taken back, "Yeah, well today when I was walking in the forest I met her for the first time, I also ran into Parker and Pandora." Ally's head tilted to one side, "What does that have to do with someone knowing?" I start going over the events in my head, "Well as the four of us were talking Pandora seemed to figure it out somehow, and then she started talking about she knew how I was able to enter that part of the forest." Ally sat there like stone listing to me talk about what had happened in the forest. When I was finally done, Ally spoke up, "From what you just told me, it would seem like that you were able to enter that part of the forest because you more than just one pure heart." Ally places her hand on my belly. "And somehow for reasons unknown Pandora was able to figure that out, but I am sure that she will keep it to herself." Ally places her hand on my knee, "Ally do you believe in what Gracie said about the forest, I mean you yourself seemed to know her, and besides doesn't everyone here in Auradon have a pure heart?" Ally took her hand off my knee, "Heidi, I do believe in the Gracie said about a section of the forest that is more magical then the rest, but I am afraid that you are wrong about everyone here being pure." This shocked me to my core, I mean ever since I was born all I heard was about the goodness of Auradon and I have lived here for a while now and I haven't met anyone that I thought wasn't nice and pure. "Everyone, no matter who they are, has a good side and a dark side, heroes and villains alike, and sadly there are some here in Auradon that care feelings of dishonesty, corrupt, dirty, polluted, tainted, ingenuine, fraudulent, and untrustworthy." Hearing Ally describe these things was nothing like I was used to, "Ally, you just described a villain." Ally smile fell from her face, "Heidi, sometimes the best villain is a fake hero, I mean look at all the people that treat all of the kids from the isle like they are unworthy to be in here." I couldn't argue with her, I still get whispered about and treated badly by a handful of people here, "As I said, even the great people of Auradon can have a darkened heart." I nod my head understanding what Ally was trying to say, "Which is why those people haven't met Gracie or noticed that magical part of the forest, to them it's just a normal forest." Once again, I am amazed at Ally's wisdom. "There is one thing I need to ask you." I turn so my body is now facing her, "Ally, you can ask me anything, I mean you are my best friend." Ally's genuine smile returns to her face, "And you are my best friend, but the think I want to know is that am I the only one that knows? Or have you told Harry about the baby?" I couldn't look at her in that moment. "Oh Heid, you haven't told him." I can hear the disappointment in her voice, I turn my gaze back at her, "How can I tell Harry that his life is over, that we are going to be responsible for another human life, I mean Ally we barely have our lives together as is." I could help but cry and Ally being the friend that she is let me cry one her shoulder, "You can't possibly know how he is going to react, but you have to tell him, he is the father of this child, and deserves to know." Ally wipes my tears away, "I want you to promise that you will tell him." I nod my head, "I promise." I smile at her. For the rest of the day Ally and I talked about baby things and for the first time in a long time I was happy that someone knew.