Chapter 13: Shouldn't Have Happened

Heidi's POV

I pull away as fast as I could, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." Paul said with a look of regret and shame on his face, "Paul, why did you do that? You and I were just talking about how much Harry and I love each other." I am still a little shocked by the fact that Paul just kissed me, "It just happened, I can't describe these feelings I have when I am around you." I look at Paul like he was crazy, "You have a girlfriend, your dating Talia." It was at this moment that a sudden look of realization comes across Paul's face, "I wasn't thinking." I scoff at him standing up, "I know that you weren't thinking, you weren't thinking of Talia who loves you more than anything, you didn't think of Harry who will most likely feed you to the crocodile's, and lastly you didn't think of the uncomfortable situation this is going to put me in." Paul doesn't say a word but looks at the floor, "Are you going to tell Harry?" He asked me not looking away from the floor, "Harry has enough on his mind at the moment, he doesn't need to think I am cheating on him." Paul looks up at me, "Heidi I swear that I will keep my feelings for you in check from now on." Just by the way Paul was acting I could tell that he knew he shouldn't have done it, "It's not all your fault Paul, I didn't stop you from kissing me, and I know how you feel." It is Paul's turn to look at me with confusion, "What do you mean?" I sigh and sit back on the bed and face Paul, "When Harry and I broke up not that long ago, during that time I developed feelings for someone else too, but deep inside my heart I knew that I would never act on them because I love Harry too much to ever do that to him, so I just pushed those feelings aside that I had for this person and moved on, and that is what you need to do, focus all your feelings for me and put them on Talia." Paul nods his head slowly, "I am just guessing here but you aren't going to tell me who the other guy is are you?" I smile at him and shake my head no, "That is between me, myself, and I." I laugh a little putting my head-on Paul's shoulder, "If it makes you feel any better you are good kisser, Talia is lucky." Paul's body shook a little bit due to his laughter, "That does help my ego a little bit, and Harry is lucky to have such a beautiful, smart, and understanding girlfriend like you." I give Paul a look, "Didn't we just have this talk not even five seconds ago." Paul lays down on his bed, "I was just paying you a compliment." I am suddenly reminded of why I gave to see Paul in the first place, "You do realize that you and I got completely off track of why I came to see you." Paul raised an eyebrow at me then starts laughing again, "I guess we did, so you want my advice on what you should do about lying to Harry about something?" I nod my head, "Please, you are like the male version of Ally when it comes to giving advice." I knew the look on his face meant that he didn't understand what I was saying but he just shrugs his shoulders, "I say just give him time to deal with his own feelings, and when the time is right the two pf you need to come to together and have a one on one talk about what the next step should be, because right now you both have your own feelings and other things to deal with, and you two won't be able to help each other if either of you didn't help yourself in the first place." Paul finished his pearls of wisdom, "That sounds confusing but I swear there is great advice buried somewhere in that lecture you gave me." Paul just smiled at me, "Paul, how did you get so wise, I mean you are so young yet you give wisdom like you are ancient." This comment got Paul to laugh and his laughter became contagious because I started laughing along with him. Once Paul and I got our laughter under control Paul took a deep breath and let it out, "I grew up with parents that taught that anything is possible, even things that you don't think are." I couldn't help the sigh that escapes my lips even after being here in Auradon I still feel like the girl from the Isle. "Back on the Isle there is no such thing as being anything other than evil, no matter how hard we all try, in the end it comes back and we are remined that we aren't really from here, but instead are visitors." Paul sits up on the bed and wraps his arms around me, "Auradon is your home Heidi, you have people who love you for who you are, and I am sure that one day you will accept that and let go of the Isle." I slowly pull out of Paul's arms and smile up at him, "There you go again, giving me answers that I didn't know I needed." Paul smiles back at me showing off his prefect teeth, "When you are the son of Peter Pan, you know a lot about nothing believe me." I stand up off the bed and let out a huge breath, "I should get going, I need to get ready for my afternoon classes." Paul stands up as we both walk over to the door, "Thanks again for helping me Paul, it means a lot." Paul opens his dorm room door, "That is what friends are for." I give him a quick peck on the cheek and walk out, "Heidi?" I hear my name being called, I look and see Talia Bell coming this way.