Chapter 53: The Engagement Announcement

Heidi's POV

The next morning I am awoken by the sound of Harry snoring, I open my eyes and lift my hand up to my face, the smile that has been plastered on face gets bigger, I stare at the ring on my finger, I am still in disbelief that I am the future Mrs. Harry Hook. I feel Harry starting to stir, "Good morning beautiful." Harry sits up tightening his grip on me, "That ring looks more stunning on you then it did in the box." Harry kisses my head, "I still can't believe that we are going to get married, I thought you didn't like to put labels on thing?" Harry lifts my hand and places a kiss on the ring, "People know that we are dating, people are going to know that I knocked you up, might as well come full circle." I smack his bare chest, "Harry Hook, that better not be the only reason you want to get married, because if it is you can have this ring back right now." Harry laugh vibrate through his chest, "I proposed to you because I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I sigh getting lost in his eyes. Harry leans his head down kissing my lips, "I need to get dressed and run a few errands." Harry gripes and grumbles under his breath before releasing me from his grip. Once I am fully dressed, I give Harry one last kiss before walking out and heading out to tell the one person I know will be happy for Harry and I, I make my easily across campus and knock on a large wooden door, "Come in!" Yells a voice on the other side. I open the door and close it as I make my way into the room, "Hi Ben." I smile at walking up to his desk, "What are you working on?" Ben shuffles papers around on his desk, "I am finishing the paperwork for the 5 new students, and I am also reading the agreement that was made with the faires." I could tell that Ben was busy, "I hope that I am not taking you away from your work?" Ben smiles a smile that only he can, "Not at all, I just started and already I can sue a break." I place my hand over his, "If I can help in any way, please just let me know." Ben takes his hand away from mine, "You seem very happy this morning, I didn't think you were a morning person." I sit on his desk playing with a few things on his desk, "Normally I'm not, but this isn't just any old morning." Ben stops what he is doing, "What makes this morning so special?" I raise my hand to Ben showing him my ring, "Heidi, is that what I think that is?" Ben says lightly taking my head and admiring the ring, "Yes Ben it is, Harry asked me to marry him last night." I swear that I see a flash of sadness in his eyes, but that quickly gets replaced by happiness, "Heidi that is wonderful, I am so happy for you and Harry, and I have to say that out of all the people in Auradon you two are the last I would have guessed to be getting married." Ben walks around his desk and gives me a warm hug, "I know, we have nothing planned yet, and you are the first person I told." We pull out of the hug, "Well I am honored that you thought of me first." I look down at ring again, and happiness fill me, "I can't tell you just how much happiness I am feeling right now, I finally feel like I am going to get my happily ever after." Ben puts his finger under my chin and tilts my head up so I am looking into his eyes, "You deserve a happy ending, don't let your thoughts get the best of the you, and cloud your joy." I nod my head at him, "I have no intention letting that happen." Ben's eyes go from me to my lips and back to me, I feel Ben's hand lightly touch my cheek. I suddenly feel myself leaning into Ben, the mixture of a wood scent and a mint scent of his cologne filling my nose, the sound of his shaking breathing, his intense stare that is locked onto me, and our lips are just inches away from each other. I bring myself back to reality and pull away from Ben, "This can't happen." Ben steps back making his way back behind his desk, "I am married to Mal, and you are engaged to Harry." I start shifting from one foot to the other, "Exactly, and I know that Mal means the world to you, and I mean everything to Harry." Ben starts going through his papers again, "Again I am very happy for the both of you, and you can count on me being at wedding." Ben doesn't look up from his desk. "Thank again Ben." I waste no time getting out of his office. As soon as I close the door I hear Ben throw things off his desk and a deep growl escape his lips, I stand there my back to the door trying to understand what came over me, and why would I ever think it would be okay to even think of that. I shake my head of all these thoughts and collect myself back to normal. I walk out of the building and see Harry walking and talking with Gil, I rush over to him, grabbing his hoodie, and planting the hottest kiss on his lips, "Well I missed you too." Harry says with dazed look on his face, "Ew, didn't need to see that so early in the morning.' Gil slaps Harry on his shoulder and walks off. "Everything okay love?" Harry asks slinging his arm over my shoulder, "Yeah everything is prefect." I kiss his lips again as the two of us start walking, I quickly glance back at the window that looks in Ben's office but the window disappears out of sight as Harry and I walk around the corner.

e'