Chapter 11: Stupid Mistake (editing complete)

Bradley left the room and started pacing around the lobby. The news hit him like splintered ice and had impacted him significantly. I would too if my ex tried to frame the person I was currently with. Bradley needed someone to be with him and comfort him but I didn't know if I should be the one. We just got out of an argument and if he still has second thoughts—which I hope he doesn't—I don't want to end up flying across the room or being kicked out of the studio. Maybe James or one of the guys should go over and talk to him.

   After a while of watching him, I noticed everyone was ignoring him and were conversing lightly with each other in the lobby. So, I decided to go to him and make sure he was okay. I carefully walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, making the hairs on my arm jump up and shock me. Joey Lancaster was past. No one gives me the electricity through my body like Bradley Simpson does. He looked up and I got lost in his chestnut brown eyes for an eternity. We exchanged admiringly looks and eventually, I leaned in for a kiss. I saw the guys take out their phones to capture this moment and I heard their squeals of laughter. We were kissing for about two minutes and it was nothing I ever felt before. Why are his lips so sweet? This is my drug, not that crap that was in my bag last night.

   When we stopped, we were greeted by Liberty's presence at the door, holding a gift bag and well-dressed for a gala. She was hoping her plan would get far, and boy, was she wrong. Bradley looked at me and tampered with my hair for a minute, just curling it around his fingers. He needs strength. Lots of it. He looked into my hazel eyes and gave me an apprehensive smile and touched my cheek, caressing it for a solid second. Then, he walked to Liberty and grabbed her hand, pulling it behind her back, causing her to fall to the ground and grunt in pain. Ouch. I don't think I've ever seen someone so angry like he was and the way he hurt her was reflected.

   "I hate you, Liberty! You ruined me and Tammy! But our love is strong, strong enough to tolerate your shit. Damn you bitch. I hate you!" Bradley swore and I swear, my ears were sore from how loud he was yelling. Don't call a crowd, Bradley, please don't. . .

   "Let me go! You're hurting me!" Her accent was still strong with her pain obvious. She wasn't pronouncing her h's and her e's made an ay sound.

   "Apologize!" He hollered. The boys were all pale, watching this fight intently. I did so too. I even turned around to rest my eyes from how bad this boy was suffering. It's always the people you thought you loved that hurt you the most. . .

   "I don't regret a thing I've done to her!" Liberty screamed back, determined to win the fight.

   "Fine!" He let go of her arm. "Your consequences will come later." Bradley walked towards me but made an abrupt stop. "Don't show your face here again. You are banned from here." He grabbed my hand and spun me around. He dipped me and hugged me. "You're my happiness." Bradley embraced me tightly, yet, gingerly, as if he was afraid he was going to lose me.

   It felt like a movie scene. The tension was rising between ourselves and between all characters as they were being characterized. Bradley eventually let go of me and I saw he was kind of quivering. He still was tensed and nervous. I've never seen a person so unsteady like Brad was right now. Everything that was happening between him and Liberty affected him greatly and I felt jealous. Did I affect him like that?

   "Brad? Are you alright?" I asked, hoping he would say, yes Tammy, I'm fine. Let's go to my house so I can cuddle with you.

   "Tammy, let's go out." He replied, shooting my thoughts down.

   "Where?"

   "You don't need to worry where. You're safe with me."

   "But I have a surprise for you."

   "Let's go to your surprise first."

   "Yay!"

   I made Bradley drive but he had to be quiet and look straight. Lucky for me, he didn't disobey me once. He kept his eyes straight on the road at all times and only tried simple talk with me, asking how life was in Illinois and what I did for a living. I hardly even answered them because why mention that I only graduated high school and was studying industrial engineering because I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. Do you know how embarrassing it is to say that? I only studied industrial engineering because my mom told me I should. And Tammy doesn't do anything but obey her mother.

   When we got to our final destination, Bradley turned off the car and looked at me. "Alright. Where are we going?" He inquired.

   "Um... close your eyes and then you'll see." I answered back bluntly.

   "But why? I want to see." He kept asking.

   "Just stay still and confide in me."

   "Alright."

   We walked down the street as I looked for the building where we were headed. This gave me time to observe this British boy who makes my heart race whenever I think about him in my life. I'd often see him mess with his hair, his thick, brown, curly hair that had the butterflies flying around my stomach. He would tinker with his bracelets or necklace or both, just twisting them or simply making sure they were there. At times, I watch him stumble over a small stick and grunt shit under his breath. Every time Bradley spoke a single word, I would bite my bottom lip. As soon as I saw our final destination, we entered the small building.

   "Open them now." I said with a huge smile on my face. He obey me by opening his eyes, revealing his deep brown eyes. Bradley stood amazed at where we were standing. I had bought him to an adoption center since I was thinking of adding a pet so we can watch it grow as our relationship grows. "We'll get one to always unite us and it can grow as our love grows."

   He smirked a devious, yet sexy smirk. "Alright. What about a golden retriever?"

   "But you have Jesse!"

   "Yeah but a boy dog so we can become golden retriever breeders."

   "First lets see the other puppies."

   None of the other puppies compared to a Goldie. Except when we saw the Labrador Retriever puppies. They looked adorable!

   "Bradley! I want one!" I squealed.

   "A Labrador?" Bradley replied.

   "Yes!"

   "But what about a Goldie?" He whined.

"No! I want a lab! A chocolate lab. Or a yellow?"

   "Fine! Girl or boy?"

   "Boy?"

   "Alright. I'll pay half."

   "You don't have to do that. Maybe you can buy the collar, food, toys or name him."

   "No, I'm serious. I'm going to pay half."

   "But I'm insisting you don't."

   "But I'm insisting you do. Puppies are expensive. Especially pure breeds."

   "Alright."

   We walked out both holding the puppy. He insisted on naming it Jake because apparently, it looked like his beautiful dog, Jesse. I allowed it because he was the only one who understood his bizarre ideas. I also didn't have any better names for a dog, so I couldn't be the first to judge.

   "Where are we taking him? Since you're still at the hotel." He asked when we got into the car with Jake, who curled up in my lap.

   "Don't worry. Just drive." I constructed and he did as I told him, turning on the car radio so we wouldn't sit in silence.