Chapter 29: Unpredictable

I wanted to go run, and find Miranda but I didn't know where she was in North Carolina.

"Does she have any relatives in North Carolina?" Brad asked.

"Yes! An aunt!" Tallia shrieked. A flashback of that aunt struck me. Her aunt Brenda lives in North Carolina.

"Brad, Tallia and I are going out really quick. I promise." I said.

"Alright." He sealed my lips with a kiss and we went our ways.

I wanted to go buy Bradley a Christmas present since I haven't gotten him anything. It'll be our first Christmas together and I want to make it special. Tallia walked beside me and had a solemn face. I saw a small smile in her face.

"Are you buying something for Brad?" She asked.

"Yes. It's our first Christmas together. So it's special." I responded. Just then, I bumped into someone. It was a girl but her eyes seemed familiar. "I'm so sorry, miss."

"I-i-i-it's alright." She said. Her voice gave me an image of Miranda. This girl had a different color hair and had bangs unlike Miranda.

"Miranda!" I yelled.

"What? I am not Miranda. I'm Marina." Her voice lowered. It was my friend.

"I dunno, I have your license right here and your eyes are the same. Plus, if you weren't Miranda, you wouldn't say your name and walk away. Nor say the name. I know your excuses and acting Miranda. You're a good actor but I know your tricks." She stood quietly.

"I am Miranda."

"I know what my mom did. Trust me, we are going to do something. Everyone thinks you are dead and are going to 'your' viewing tonight."

"They think I, Miranda Lancaster, am dead?"

"Yes."

"They faked my death?"

"Yes. I was in New York City recording and I invited my family to see them and to meet Brad. On Christmas Eve morning I found out what my mother has done. Apparently Tallia knew it all!"

"I am sorry!" Tallia shouted.

"It's alright. I'm playing with ya sis."

"Anyway, what are you doing in Petersburg?" Miranda asked.

"Buying a Christmas present for Brad and I have been out of my house since this morning because I didn't want to be near my mother."

"Oh."

"By the way, this belongs to you." I took out her purse.

"My purse!"

"It was still at he crime scene."

"They stole it from me."

"Joey and my mom had an alliance to get me to break up with Brad."

"That's crazy!"

"I know. Chaotic."

"Can I come with you?"

"Sure."

"Thanks."

Miranda walked out of that Target like nothing happened. We would always be friends no matter what.

"I still suggest you change your hair so we can surprise your mom and dad and give some sweet revenge to Joey." I said.

"Yes!" Tallia chimed.

"No. I like me new look." Miranda said.

Brad's Point of View-

I sat on the floor, waiting for Tammy and Tallia. Jessica sat beside me. Somehow, I was reminded of Lucile. Lucile was my girlfriend after Liberty. No one knows about her. I only remember leaving her and she went to Illinois. It was the day before I met Tammy. I went on her Instagram and saw her address. She lived nearby. Maybe I'd surprise her. We can still be friends.

I grabbed Jessica's leash and left the house. I walked to Lucy's to find she was outside, in her garden.

"Lucile?" I yelled. She looked at me, dropping her watering can and staying paralyzed.

"Bradley?" She asked.

"Hiya Lucy."

She ran out towards me and hugged me. "Hi! I haven't seen you in months!"

"I know. Small world, ay?"

"Yeah. What brings you here?"

"I am here with my girlfriend."

"I remember seeing that your girlfriend, Tammy, lived here. Her friend died if I am not wrong, near here."

"My future mother-in-law faked Miranda's death so Tammy can get back with her ex. But Tammy despises that guy. She adores me."

"Wow. Tough luck. How are the guys?"

"The same as always."

"Silly and chaotic?"

"Of course."

"Love has suited you well, Brad."

"Yup."

"Let's walk and catch up."

"Yeah, I have to walk feisty Jessica."

"Aww, she looks like Jesse."

"That's where she gets her name."

"That makes sense. Where is your girlfriend anyway?"

"She and her sister went shopping. Again."

"Maybe she's getting you a Christmas present."

"I doubt that."

"Don't ever doubt her."

"I never have."

We continued walking until we sat on a settee and began chatting. I saw my girlfriend and a Miranda look alike beside her.

"Brad? What's going on here?" She stirred. I knew from that moment, I was probably in trouble, happy, confused, and chained. Tammy did not look like a happy mate.