Chapter 19: We Can All Be Friends

I got up this morning, earlier than usual. I got dressed and fixed up and left without advising Brad that I would be out for a while. I got in my new car and fled to London. It took me an hour and a half to get there where I needed to go.

I got in and got my visitor pass and went to see her. I went to see Liberty Vargas. The girl who attempted to murder me and almost murdered my fiancé. I needed to know the truth from her before Brad. She stepped forward and sat down before me, calmly. She was different. She wasn't the diva I met about two months ago.
"Hello Tammy." She said.
"Hi Liberty. May we speak like civilized people?"
"Yes of course."
"I actually have a question."
"Why I wanted to kill you?"
"No. Why Brad break up with you."
"Oh. It's a long story. Sit down."
"I'm fine standing."
"Alright. Brad and I started dating about a year ago. I met him at a party. He was still seventeen and I was eighteen. He loved me dearly. He took me on a few tours and took me to America once. But when I first met James, I thought we had the right chemistry. James was hot, like Brad and was already nineteen. After my date with Brad, I went with James. I raided his room and forced him to have sex with me. James refused. I tied him to the bed. I started devouring him. My plan was get James to fall for me and have James tell Brad and be on the safe side. Brad walked in the one and saw James was tied up and half naked. And saw that I was there. He flipped out. I did love Brad when I thought about it. Maybe I was just too capricious in stuff. But right there, front and center, Brad broke up with me. I pleaded with him to stay and we could talk. But he refused. I would go everyday to his house, to the studio, to his friends' houses but he refused to see me. Eventually I got tired of his rejects and I wrote him a letter to apologize. I was upset that he finally fell in love again. I am sorry I tried to kill you. How is Brad?"
"It's alright. And Brad, he got out the hospital yesterday. He doesn't know I'm here." I saw her look at my promise ring.
"You and Brad are getting married?"
"Yes. He proposed to me yesterday."
"He's never been that in love. I wish you the best of luck."
"Liberty, I want to help you get out of here."
"But I tried to kill you!"
"That doesn't matter. I don't hold grudges. I forgive people."
"I've never met someone with a golden heart."
"I'm not perfect. I'm just humble, sympathetic, and empathic."
"I would die to be someone like you."
"Then we can start by being friends."
"Huh?"
"I want to be your friend. If it means coming here everyday then so be it."
"Alright."
"I barely know people in England and I want to make friends. My friends are in Illinois."
"You're American?"
"That's correct."
"Wow. Alright. Friends?" She extended her hand. I rejected it and hugged her. She started to cry.
"Friends." I began telling her all he crazy things that've happened and she told me too. I left two hours later to beat the London/Birmingham traffic home. I went to my apartment but I realized, I left my cell phone at Brad's. He was going to kill me! I'd have to tell him I saw Liberty and that's she's my friend! I quickly got my keys and drove to Brad's. There he was, at he window waiting for me. His face was tensed and melancholy at the same time. He noticed my Penitentiary visitor pass that also said Liberty Vargas. I was in the bunny hole that's for sure.
"Why did you go see the women who tried to murder us?"
"Brad, I told you I can't lie. I went to ask her a question I've tried to ask you."
"Which is?"
"Why you and Liberty broke up."
"Oh. Did she tell you?"
"Yes. The truth. About the James and everything."
"Wow. Never so truthful."
"She apologized to me. She regrets what she did. And don't insult her because she is now my friend and I'm taking her out of prison." He burst into laughter. "Stop! I don't lie! I will complete my promises."
"Tammy that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!"
"Well if you think it's ridiculous maybe I should leave you!" He stopped and turned sober.
"What?"
"You heard me. You either accept Liberty and I as friends or I go back to Illinois, Jessica and all."
"I'm sorry. I accept."
"That better be, Brad. We're already planning he wedding. So it would be something wide if you left me just because my new friend is the Ex that betrayed you with your best friend. Almost brother."
"I know. I'm stubborn. But I admit that I was scared that you went there and left a phone behind. Why'd you go?"
"Besides that, when I was with you on your Instagram, I saw the pictures of Liberty and you, your past basically. I wanted to know. And if I told you, you'd reject me from going."
"It's a safety precaution!"
"She's changed! She's calmer. She is different."
"Alright. I'll take your word on it."
"Alright Brad. Let's go in. I want to walk Jessica and Jesse and eat because I am starving. Tonight I'm staying at my apartment."
"I'm staying with you!"
"No Brad. I want to stay by myself."
"Oh." His face saddened.
"It's only for a night. I'll be there early in the morning."
"Alright. Promise me?"
"I swear on my this not yet marriage to see Brad first thing next morning!"
"Silly!" I smiled.