Chapter 22: Words to Put Your Mind to Rest

We all fell asleep at least by 12 a.m. I couldn't. Something bothered me. I'd constantly look at Bradley, who slept beside, and stroke his body. I'd mess with his hair and hold his necklace. I'd look at my locket. ".... An irrevocable love; never to cease." I would touch his bracelets and just turn them around. Everything involved me touching whatever accessories Brad was wearing. I kissed his cheek.

I looked at the clock, it was 2 a.m. and I still haven't fallen asleep. I got up and went to the living room. Jessica was sleeping merrily on the couch. Nice to see what she does when I sleep. I picked her up, gingerly, and put her on her bed. I sat on the couch and looked into the ambitious darkness that partied in my house. I grabbed my coat and slippers and walked towards the door. I felt something brush against my legs. It was Jessica she wanted to come outside with me. I picked her heavy body and I walked outside.

We sat together on the grass and looked at the stars. The words in my head are random like stars, only a few can create a complete thought, like a constellation. I have only two constellations in my head: Brad's love for me and that I was pregnant with twins. I began petting Jessica. Maybe tomorrow my stars will align.

I looked at the door, it was open. I tried to but I couldn't. I probably didn't try. I lay with Jessica under my arm. I fell asleep. I still could hear though. I felt Jessica get off me and walk around me.

****************************************************************************
I woke up with everyone standing in front of me. I was inside. I touched Brad's leg.
"Tammy! You're finally awake!" He said in an attitude. "Care to tell us why she were sleeping outside?"
"What?" I asked.
"You were sleeping outside. You cheek was bleeding too."
"Oh. I couldn't sleep. It was two a.m. and I couldn't stop playing with your hair, necklace, bracelets. So I went to the couch. Then, I wanted to look at the stars, so I did. Jessica woke up because she was sleeping on the couch. So I grabbed my coat and slippers and Jessica and walked outside onto the grass. I watched the stars and I guess I fell asleep."
"Oh. Jessica came in and started barking a storm in her at two-thirty! In the morning! Why and how was the door open?"
"It was propped against something. I don't remember. I'm sorry guys."
"Calm down Tammy! It's alright." Miranda said.
"Yeah. I was nothing. It feels like one of those nights." Demi added.
"Let me help you up." I arose and I fell onto Brad. "Tammy, let's go get you off me and get you to shower. You smell like dog and grass and Lord knows what." I started laughing.

He helped me up and we walked to my room.
"Did I hear that a naughty person plays with my accessories when I sleep?" Brad asked.
"Maybe." I said. My face turned into a giggle.
"No wonder my necklace isn't behind me, my hair always has a curl, and my bracelets strangle my arm more usual."
"That's not true!"
"Shush! It's seven-thirty!"
"I am hoping my stars align tonight."
"Stars? Align?"
"The words in my head. They either create a thought or they stay random. I think of them as stars and the thoughts as constellations. My stars will align and create a constellation so I can sleep better."
"I have no words for this moment. That's good figurative language. You know" he put his hand on my chin, "I missed your heat last night."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah. It helps me sleep."
"We can sleep now?"
"Now? You smell like Jessica and etcetera!"
"Now that's mean."
"Did I hurt my sunshine?"
"Yes."
"Oh."
"Ahem."
"Oh well."
"That hurts even more. Especially that you haven't given me a kiss!"
"Oh my goodness! I forgot to kiss my princess."
"I'd like it right here." I said pointing to my lips.
"Alright." He gave me a quick kiss.
"Hey! I didn't get to devour it! You owe me another!"
"I only owe to taxes and my dear parents and probably Jesse."
"Not to your fiancé?"
"She's not on my list." I slapped him.
"You're so mean!"
"I am kidding." He kissed me and I got to devour it. "Now that one I loved."
"Thank you, kitty."
"I don't know how you have time to name me."
"I always have time for Bradley Will Simpson."
"Come on, we have to go to the studio. I'm also pretty sure you want to go see Liberty."
"Yes. Alright."

I quickly took a shower and we all left to the studio. As I entered the studio, the main producer was standing in the lobby, waiting for us or Brad or me. I didn't know. It seemed mysterious.
"Brad, Tammy, James, Connor, and Tristan, I've been waiting for you." He said.
"Why?" I asked.
"We have more producers in New York. You guys are going there for a week. Tammy are you still a U.S. citizen?"
"Yes. I am applying to be a citizen of England when I have the chance."
"Do you have your passport?"
"Yes."
"Do you guys have yours?" He looked at the boys. They all nodded and looked around. "Alright. This weekend."
"Okay. We'll be ready."
"We have your new song ready Tammy. Come with us."
"What's it called?"
"Constellation." I looked at Brad. He looked at me.
"Constellation? Did you say 'Constellation'?"
"Yes. Why?"
"She loves stars. She was saying that her thoughts are like constellations and that tonight her stars would align." Brad said.
"Wow. It's about thoughts too. But we compare them to the stars. Like it mentions 'my stars will one day be constellations. And one day they will involve you.'" I felt like I was going to faint.
"It's a song with my true feelings! Is there anything I can co-write?" I asked.
"Of course. We can always use some more room for lyrics."