Chapter 12: The Stars are his Spotlight (editing complete)

As we approached the street where my apartment was, he tensed up a little, looking around at me and then back at the road. He wasn't sure where we were going. Bradley didn't know that I had a surprise for him and the fact that he was nervous made me even more nervous. It wasn't until I rested my hand on his, which clutched the steering wheel, that his knuckles weren't the color of his pale skin and he relaxed a bit. It made me settle down a bit knowing he had finally calmed down.

   "Stop." I commanded and he pressed the brakes. "Good. Now park."

   "Okay." He parked into a vacant parking spot. Bradley, then, went over and helped me out of the car. "Where are we going?"

   "To my apartment."

   Bradley burst into giggles. "Your apartment, Tammy? You're joking. Who lives here?"

   I pointed to my new, temporary home. "That's my apartment, love."

   "Which friend is living here?"

   I smacked his arm. "Seriously Bradley, I live here now." I smiled genuinely. "Come on in." With that said, I unlocked the door and he took me into my apartment.

   We sat down in the living room, on the sofa in my apartment, which was move-in ready, and we sat right beside each other, grooming and putting the collar on Jake. He curled up delightfully in the small space separating us. Our puppy was so happy to be with us, I was left in awe because of him. I was so happy to have a puppy and watch him grow as my and Brad's relationship grows while I'm here in England. You'll only be in England another month Tammy. That's what you told the realtor. . .

   "You like that, Jake?" Bradley would say time to time, making my heart flush. I absolutely admired every word he said. It made me fall harder in love with him. Eventually, Jake fell asleep and all that separated us was silence. "I should go." He said, rising from his seat.

   "No!" I got up and grabbed his hand. "Stay with me! Please!"

   "Alright. Just an hour longer."

   "Come here." Bradley sat back down beside me and smiled. I threw my arms around his neck and buried my head beside his chest. He, then, pulled my head back up after a minute, and we stared into each other's eyes for a moment or two, just falling back into the black hole in space or colliding with each other on a collision course. I wish I could stay in that position for an eternity, forever. As soon as he started leaning for a kiss, I found myself doing so too until our lips met and we began.

   I got on his body, getting closer to him because the millimeters of space separating us was driving me absolutely insane. If we were anymore apart I would be ripping my hair out. I needed to be close to his body and feel his heat against mine. Eventually, I started to unbutton his shirt because I I felt something that gave me strength to do this. The night we had together a few days ago ricocheted back to my head in bits and pieces, just like the dream I had the first night I was in Birmingham. The first time me and Bradley..... wow.

   Bradley pushed me onto the floor seductively and threw my Vans off of my size 7 feet. "I love you!" He whispered when he got to my ears.

   I grinned at how adorable he looked. "And I am falling for you!" I whispered back.

   He started unbuttoning my shirt too, fidgeting with every button as he went down. I was getting antsy every time he stopped. I needed him to finish getting my shirt off. The fact that his was off faster than a race car going 120 miles per hour was frustrating me. Stop teasing me, babe. When he finally finished and successfully took off my shirt, he lay flat on me and put his head in the crook of my neck. Bradley felt my dog tags beside him and picked them up. He read what I engraved.