Chapter 15: I'd Risk it All

The stars sparkled in the night sky. I couldn't see the stars as brightly as the stars in Illinois but there was a homeliness to them. As if I had been under this sky before, with the same feeling. I lay there even though I was in tears, tears knowing my family let go of me to pursue my love. My family was the best family I could ask for. I thought about how my two best friends would respond knowing that I was going to stay in Great Britain with a man I've been with for a little while.

I looked over after feeling a someone sit beside me. There, I saw Bradley Simpson, looking calmer. I reached for his hand and found it. I felt him sigh and pull me towards him. My body could feel his heavy breathing and speedy heartbeat. I felt the same, almost unsteady in his arms.

I looked up at him and he looked down at me. "I have your answer."

He put a hand up to my face and rubbed a circle around it with his thumb. "It was 'no' wasn't it?"

"Think again." I poked his nose and his face lit up with blush.

He rubbed his nose with mine. "Whoa. You are staying?"

I focused on his lips, how I wanted him to kiss my lips and fill my body with holy fire. "Yes. I just spoke to my family, my bravado family."

It was as if Bradley read my mind and he proceeded to kiss me. Our kiss was short but as his lips moved with mine, my heart raced in my chest. I could feel a blanket of peace and love envelope me as Brad filled me with warmth and lust.

"Who was the most brave?"

"My mom, then my little sister. Next, my brother. Last is my dad. He was the most devastated."

"Wow."

"Are you alright?"

"Yes. Just needed to think. I fell asleep though. My mom watched you and said you needed consoling. Natalie saw as you stayed as strong as you could. When you got a text, you fell to the grass."

"Because of this." I took out my phone and showed him the picture of my family.

"That's your family?"

"Yes."

"Your little sister looks like you. But you looked more like a mix. Tallia has more of your mom. Toni has more of your dad."

"That's what everyone says. I'm balanced. You looked a little like Natalie. But she looks more like your mom. You're very different from them."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You also look like Jesse!"

He burst into laughter. "No I don't!"

"Yeah you do! You have lots of hair. Like him!"

"Well, you look like Jessica!"

"Naw, I look like you."

"Don't be sarcastic with me, it's only funny when I do it."

"I can be so too. I risked my family for you."

"I'd risk it all for you." I smiled.

"Carry me in." I blurted out.

"I thought you'd never ask." He smiled. He picked me up like I was his bride. I nuzzled up in his arms.

He bought me into his house. His family watched me. His father laughed. He carried me up to his room.

"I need to put my phone to charge. And we need to feed Jessica. Thus, she can't be here all day and night. Bring her downstairs with Jesse." I said.

"Now you sound like you are my wife!" Brad joked. I smiled. Then we walked downstairs. Brad went to the kitchen and grabbed an empty can. "Attention family! I have an announcement!" Everyone stopped and listened. "I'd first like to present my girlfriend, Tammy Scaletta. She's from Springfield Illinois. She came on vacation here and that's how I met her. But she's now going to stay and live in England!" Brad cheered. His family clapped. It was if we were announcing our wedding.

We walked back upstairs. When I got to the top step, I slipped and fell tumbling down the stairs. I began to scream and yelp. Brad looked over and tried to grab me. Everyone ran to me.
"Tammy!" Brad yelled.

"Brad! Help! Me!" I yelled the best I could. I finally made it to the ground. Jesse and Jessica began to bark in unison.

"Tammy? Are you alright?" Brad asked. I didn't reply. I was already unconscious.