Chapter 25: What Began Today

We all went to dinner at a restaurant. I sat quietly though. Brad did so too. My mother oftener questioned why we were so quiet and I would only reply that I was tired. Tallia who sat beside me, would lay on top of me. It looked as if Brad envied her on me. But she's my little sister. I always have Brad on me.

At last came dusk. I wanted to see the stars since I haven't seen them since the "falling asleep outside" incident. I convince Bradley to come outside and accompany me. He came speechless and willingly.
"Look at the New York stars. They're different from the stars in Birmingham." I said. I looked at Brad, he looked unsteady. "Brad? Are you alright?" He nodded without looking at me. He was looking at the stars and he was already lost in them.
"They're different from the ones in Birmingham. Very distinct." He commented.
"I know. They change every spring and fall due to the Earth's revolution around the sun. I was always interested in Astronomy in school. I would constantly ask my parents for a telescope to look at the stars but they'd always reply that if they got me one, I'll be interested in the telescope for a few days and stop watching the stars."
"Astronomy?"
"The study of the stars, planets, space, and the universe. Astro means space. I learned Latin from my sixth grade science teacher."
"What's the revolution then?"
"It's the planets' ellipse around the sun. Ellipse is the oval like movement."
"Wow. You know a lot about space."
"Because I never stop my research. I'm going to tell you a bad joke."
"Go ahead."
"'The new space restaurant on the moon is great! Good food, bad atmosphere' what's wrong with the sentence?"
"Is this suppose to be an English joke or a science joke?"
"Just answer my question."
"I'm bad with this kind of things."
"The mistake is in 'Bad atmosphere'."
"Good atmosphere?" Making a grimace to empathize his answer.
"That's so badly incorrect it dictates on all the science teachers you've had."
"That's so mean."
"The moon doesn't have an atmosphere!"
"What?!"
"It was a trick question."
"You played me?!"
"Sí mi amor."
"What language is that?"
"Español."
"Spanish?"
"Sí."
"How do you know so much?"
"Illinois public elementary schools, a special music school, and a college."
"God!"
"Do it again!"
"God!"
"Gosh Bradley, you're my free entertainment."
"I should make it expensive entertainment." He mumbled. I just kept laughing. He would make one of his silly faces and my consistent laughing would restart and I'd fall in Brad's lap. He'd stroke my light coffee hair and touch my light Italian skin.

We went in with everyone watching. I wondered if I did anything wrong. Did Brad do something? What happened?