Chapter 13: The Feeling of a Lightning Strike [Editing complete]

I had woken up with a ting of happiness as I recalled what was going to happen today. For starters, today Bradley and I are going to go to his house to stay together there and so I can meet his parents! To be frank, I was kind of nervous to be meeting them. Brad and I have barely been together a day. They might think I am being fake and am after his money and fame. I also had to make a good impression on them so they could continue letting me see Bradley. I hoped they wouldn't be so hard on me.

Second, as I looked over at sleeping Brad, he looked so peaceful, quiet, and calm as he slept, that it was charming. That charm he had as he slept made me ambitious for his body warmth on mine. In fact, I couldn't keep my eyes off of his body, how placidly he slept not realizing that I was watching him. I kissed his arm and head inevitably. I pulled my pajama shirt and pants back on and got out of bed a few lazy minutes later after I decided to let my darling sleep for some more time. I kissed Bradley on the head again and with that, I went off feed Jake.

He stood by the door with the leash beside him, showing me that he wished to go outside and explore our neighborhood. I saw his little paws scratching the door and heard his whimpers, which were pure torture to my ears. I walked over and took out some puppy chow for him to eat. He refused to eat the food and kept looking at the door and wagging his tail. So, I went to my room, grabbed my damned robe, and went to go walk him so he could chill out.

He walked joyfully through the streets of Birmingham as I walked him. Jake was running around and peeing on every sight he saw, marking his territory. He was such a vigorous puppy, I wondered if he would stay this way once he matured. However, despite the fact that he was so full of life, he would often stop and look at me as if I had something missing. Or if someone was missing. He's always seen me with Brad, so he was probably he confused and was wondering where my lovely boyfriend was.

Finally, Jake got tired and we walked back home. The first thing I saw when I got home was Bradley propped on the couch, still shirtless from last night, with his cellphone in his hands, about to fall asleep again. He clutched the spare collar we bought for Jake if, God forbid, he loses the other or something happens. Bradley probably thought I had lost him. That made me chuckled softly at him but made me a little upset. I walked in, letting Jake loose from the leash and harness, and went over to slap his forehead. He woke up in the blink of an eye and looked at me in fear.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He looked at me and rubbed his forehead.

"For thinking the negative." I replied back with the edges of my mouth itching to curve into a smile.

"I wasn't thinking 'the negative'!" He used air quotes around 'the negative' and was making silly faces. Oh how I love him...

"I was kidding. Let's go out for breakfast." I chuckled, kissing his cheek and feeling his heat on my lips.

"Alright." He smiled as he looked at me.

Brad and I got ready within an hour. We would've gotten ready faster but we started doing other things. . . naughty things like making out naked and cuddling with each other in bed. When we finished getting ready, Brad insisted that we walked to make the way longer so we could be together longer. We walked to the restaurant hand in hand with the cutest smiles on each other's faces and talking/laughing nonstop.

He held me close in the restaurant and I loved sitting beside him. Especially when I felt him breathe in my body heat and me breathing in his. We ate quickly. I would often laugh at Brad, whose food would be smattered on his face or fall to the floor or on his lap. He didn't care; he was staring at me with a smile that could light up an entire city.

Then he took me to go see the guys before I would go pick up Jake from the apartment and take him to Brad's. They smiled and laughed.

"He's my boyfriend." I repeated for the millionth time.