Chapter 31: One Last Chance

That moment was like an eternity. Our eyes met and I'm pretty sure, my eye color changed. My eyes can turn darker or lighter than hazel. It's weird but it's one thing that makes me unique. Unique. I've never thought that I was unique.

"I am sorry Brad."

"Tammy, I am sorry."

"No, I should be apologizing because I was a bitch and causing drama."

"No, I was being an asshole and holding grudges."

"You are not."

"Am too."

"Are not!"

"Am too!"

"Okay, let's stop bickering and let's go see my dog!"

"You mean the dog I stole from you?"

"Yes."

"Ok."

"Alright."

I watched his eyes illuminate our way. His hand wrapped around mine and caused me to feel loved. I saw Lucille in front of my apartment.

"What are you doing here?" I asked belligerently.

"I needed to ask Brad something."

"Why here?"

"Because he lives here."

"No, I live here. Don't you live in Illinois?"

"Yeah, Brad invited me here."

"Here? England or my house?"

"England. I am staying with my Uncle Lawrence."

"That better be."

I was greeted immediately by wagging, jumpy Jessica and to my surprise, Natalie was there with Jesse. They sat beside Miranda and Tallia.

"Natalie!" I shouted and ran to her. She got up and hugged me. "It's so great to see you!"

"I know Tammy! Welcome back!"

"Thanks!" I cried. Tears of joy fell down my cheeks. I looked at Brad who was still at the doorway. I ran into his arms with him picking me up and spinning me around.

"See! You guys fought over the littlest, insignificant thing ever!" Miranda said.

"Yeah! Now Tammy can stop being cranky and upset all the time." Tallia chimed behind Miranda.

"Exactly! Brad was the same!" Natalie added. Brad and I laughed.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said. And right there, in front of everyone, we kissed.

Our kiss was long and passionate. I have an ardent love for Brad that is irrevocable. My finger unleashed a crowd in Brad's mess of hair and his fingers wriggled their way into my shirt. That one kiss was a dream's kiss, the one you can only find in a dream. But I pulled away.

"Did I do something?" He asked.

"Listen, you two need a room because I don't want to see Tammy Natalia Vera Scaletta making out with Bradley Will Simpson." Miranda said.

"Hey! But you're the flirt out of Demi and I." I shot back.

"Am not!"

"Miranda Josephine Lancaster! Don't lie!"

"How do you know my middle name?!"

"Ummm..." I stammered.

"Was it Joey, my mom, or my dad?"