→ chapter 2;;

wattpad keeps deleting my chapters, so i apologize if they change up a bit because i swear, wattpad hates nick

because when i write about anYBODY else - n0 problems geez

-

IN·TER·EST

1. the state of wanting to know or learn about something or someone

-

I stared at the wet cement as I ate my foul food that I would call a sandwich. How pitiful was I, sitting out here with nobody else.

It was cold and wet and it had been for the last week. What even was LA? It is supposed to be sunny and warm.

The cafetaria had an outside corridor, but nobody came out because of the weather. The inside was always so packed and made me have anxious vibes.

I cringed when I swallowed, tossing more than a quarter of the sandwich to the corner of the corridor, it smacking the wall then landing into the trash can.

"Wow, nice shot." I heard beside me, and Nick was taking a seat.

"Why are you out in the cold, Mrs. Miami?" He asked with a confused smirk.

"Just being anti-social, Mr. Dick. What's new?" I asked, scrolling through my phone.

Great, wasn't I popular? 2 texts, both from family members.

"Wow, that hurt." He clutched his heart and laughed, and I chuckled and shook my head in the midst of texting my mom back.

"But seriously, I remember your name. It's exotic." He whispered jokingly and I looked offended.

"It's not exotic, it's Malibu you fake fan." I mumbled with a smile, and he laughed.

"No, I mean your name....it's exotic. unique. I know it's Malibu, dummy." He pushed me with his shoulder and I elbowed him.

"Don't hit me with your wenis!" He said in a high-pitched white girl voice, and I burst out laughing.

"What the hell is a wenis?" I tried to choke out while practically dying.

"The wenis? You have never heard of it? It's the fat on the outside your elbow. The skin, really." He said and I pretended to look shocked.

"Wow, you know something, I am surprised!" I said loudly and he scoffed.

"I know a lot, just so you know." He retorted jokingly.

"Is that why I can see your other ear from this one?" I asked, pretending to squint through his ear.

It took him a second, but he finally got it and shook his head with a smile.

"You're an asshole, you know that?" He chuckled and I sat back, my arms spreading up to behind my head as I stared at the sky.

"I am of full knowledge of my badass and savage self, Mr. Dick." I said wisely, the sun slowly coming from behind the clouds.

"Wow, it's a Christmas Miracle, the sun is actually being more social than I am." I teased and he shook his head.

"It's September, smart one." He said, joining me and laying down against the moist stone steps.

(i just read back through this and gagged i hate the word moist why did i use that word)

"Christmas can be celebrated any time, jackass." I replied with a smile.

We exchanged glances.

Ugh, those eyes got me.

Not romantically, though.

We're friends.

Just friends.

Good job, Malibu. You're training yourself, I am so proud of you.

The bell's muffled ringing came from the doors of the school connected to the cafeteria, and I sighed.

Great, the next 2 hours in hell.

"See ya, loser." I teased, getting up and walking into the building.

I looked back to Nick smiling and just standing.

Why does he look so interested in me?
What an assclown.

-

hey
don't touch me there
that's my
no-no square
-c