→ chapter 29;;

RUINED

RUINED

the downfall, decay, or destruction of anything.

-

I didn't know how to react. Lukas looked so handsome!

We had a matching set, my dress was a thin black material that would drift off my legs as I walked. Thankfully it only went up to my upper thigh. I had a slip on just in case.

Lukas was sporting a tucked in black tucked in shirt with black tight jeans and some dress shoes with a bowtie. He had a tux on hand but didn't put it on yet.

"Wow, you look really good." He said loudly as I stepped outside. "Why thank you, you look amazing!" We hugged and he rubbed my bare back, my clutch tight in my hand.

"Okay, we need to get going." I gave him an odd look, letting him know my mom was behind me. He nodded and smiled at her.

"Hello! Nice to meet you!" He shook her hand and walked down the steps with me. "So, who is this Nick dude my friends have been telling me about?" He asked as we got into the car.

I slowly exhaled. It was only a matter of time before Nick was brought up. We did spend every moment together before we had a fallout.

"He used to be my best friend but we kinda broke off." I shrugged and looked out the window, the dainty painted peach skies illuminating my eyes.

"Oh, I am sorry to bring it up them. I dunno, just curious."

"It's fine, you have a right to be." 

"You're so chill, ya know that?" He said after a few moments of silence.

"Been told before, yeah. I like hearing it from time to time." I smirked and he slapped my leg.

"Really hauling that pole and fishing for compliments, huh?" He snorted and we both laughed for a minute.

There was something off, it was like he was not telling me something.

I needed to put my suspicions aside and get comfortable with him, he was my date right?

"So do you like to dance?" He asked and I nodded.

"I learned in middle school, I went to dance class for classical." I bragged a little and he cringed.

"Can't stand dancing." I heard him mutter and I dropped my jaw.

"You don't want to dance tonight?" I asked with astonished eyes.

He shook his head in reply. "I don't dance, love." It was like his personality changed. His eyes had a different tinge to them.

What did I get myself involved in? Was I giving this guy hints, making him think I liked him?
Why can't guys let me be friends with them, it's not always just romance and love and sex and games, there can be emotion in it too.

Guess that was too girly.

We arrived and gave the tickets we bought earlier in the week to the ticketmaster.

"Welcome, kids." The old man hummed and Lukas grasped my hand.

I was surprised by the notion, he seemed dead inside for the last segment of the car ride. I went with it, our fingers entangling.

The first people I saw were Nick and the girl he brought. She was tall, slim, bony, and beautiful. I smiled and waved and he smiled and waved, the girl turning and staring at me with a smile.

She seemed cute. 

I looked away and looked at Lukas who led me over to the punch bowl. "I wish they spiked it." He chuckled and I stepped back.

"Why are you acting so different? At the café and before you acted like an average high schooler who was innocent and cool, now you're some bad boy." I said quietly and he eyed me oddly. 

He left me at the punch bowl and walked towards the bathrooms. Leaving me to myself, I slowly picked up the latel and spooned some red punch into my cup.

I took a long and depressing sip, my throat contracting with nerves. What if Lukas doesn't come back?

Nick walked over and awkwardly slipped past me to grab punch. I was in the way, so he had a reason to come past me. 

"Where's your hot date?" He asked and I shrugged while looking into my clear plastic party cup. "Dunno, who cares at this point. What about you?" I asked and he looked over, nodding his head and adjusting for me to look.

I looked over and saw her talking with her friends, the group laughing all together.

"At least she has friends, mine is awkward and just turned all bad boy on me." I put up my hands in quotations. 

"That sucks. Kinda wish we went with each other." He said quietly and it sent tingles down my spine. Wasn't he the one who was complaining how he didn't like me?

"Wouldn't of worked out, we don't like each other, remember?" I smiled, the pain behind my happiness staining my mood.

"I lied." He said softly and we both went silent and glanced at each other. His face had a new meaning to it, he didn't feel like my best friend anymore.

"You what?" I said while rubbing my bare arms. My legs were beginning to get cold. I felt a chill spread across my body and end in my toes.

"I lied, I really liked you, but I was just scared. I dunno, we're seniors, we're gonna be graduating...." He went on and on and I stared at the ground in shock.

After all of those self checkups. I thought all along it was me, I blamed this on myself. There goes Malibu, scaring away another boy.

All along, he liked me back? 

"Who is this?" I heard a deep voice and looked up, Lukas's eyes filled with anger.

Great, this whole night is ruined.

-

how sad

i always get invited to dances a week before they happen so i have no room to prepare or rent a dress

it sucks