→ chapter 31;;

BURN·ING

BURN·ING

very keenly or deeply felt; intense.

-
"My mom is gonna wonder where I am." I said as my arm draped onto Nick's bed.

"Then text her and make up a story, or feel free to leave." He tapped my leg and I shook my head.

"You may have a concussion." My hand merely touched his bruised cheek. Thankfully his mom didn't see.

He inched away and nodded. "If I do, it's not bad." He pushed my hand away and I inhaled.

I got up and adjusted my dress. "Let me see your wrist." Nick stood up and held out his hand.

I looked up and shook my head. "It's fine." I lied.

Why burden him with my problems? Lukas didn't hurt me that bad. "Just let me see it." He said and I hesitantly placed my hand into his.
"Douche bag deserved more than he got." He growled, looking over my fingerprint bruises that traced down my wrist into my arm.

"You're cute when you're mad." I whispered with a goofy smile and he looked away with an embarrassed smile.

"Why do you do that? Look away like it was a joke." I asked honestly, my eyes dangling up his neck to where his eyes met mine.

"Because I like you and I feel like you don't like me. It's like if I make one wrong move I will throw this out the window." He sat on his bed and I nodded.

"Can I have something to change into?" I rubbed my arm and he looked up, scrambling to get something for me.

I took the time to text my mom.

Mom: Staying over at a friends house, long night, text you tomorrow!

My mom didn't force me to come home a lot, she was chill, I guess. She wasn't personal or strict, half glad for that.

I changed in the bathroom, a big white shirt with some picture about new orleans and some sweat shorts that went to my thighs.

Walking out, I placed my folded clothes on a chair and sat next to Nick.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He noticed how I was admiring him.

"I am just scared you won't like me back." I copied what he said earlier and he looked at me with a hopeful gaze.

"It's just weird, you know?" I stood up and twisted towards him.

"What is?" He asked.

"We pretend we don't like each other - why? We're scared of what might happen? Then why do we eat food, we could be poisoned, why drive, we may crash. We do things knowing we could be hurt or worse, but in the end we get where we want to." I said with a smile.

"So what are you saying, Malibu?" Nick said with a frustrated tone.

"I'm saying that we genuinely like each other, so why not date?" I threw up my hands and he chuckled.

"See? You laugh like an asshole when I just poured my heart out." I folded my arms and he stood up.

"You're cute when you're mad." He taunted and grasped my hips, pulling me close and I smiled.

"That was fake mad, because it wooooorked." I teased, and he poked me.

I pushed him back and he caught me before we both fell, me placed on his lap almost.

It wasn't awkward. "Remember when we kissed?" I asked and he nodded. "Maybe we should get a retry, just to be....fair?" He raised a brow and my lips were close to his, but he initially made the first move.

Our lips pressed together, a burning feeling deep inside. It felt right.
-
meanwhile, me, pizza
-c