→ chapter 11;;

AWK·WARD

  AWK·WARD

1. causing or feeling embarrassment or inconvenience 

2. not smooth or graceful; ungainly 

-

I heard the alarm clock beep on my nightstand, and I was about done. The weekend hadn't treated me good, but at least I could hide my bruising until it had vanished.

My mom wasn't super nosy with stuff like that, so I could probably get away with hickeys all of the time if she knew I wasn't an awkward failure in life.

Trekking from my bed, which I left in a total mess, I entered my tiled bathroom and sighed loudly.

My hair was frizzy, I had just showered last night, and I had to be in school in an hour and a half.

Warming up the straightner, I multi-tasked and picked out an outfit while it heated up.

Brushing my teeth, I parted my hair and begun straightening.

I put my tooth brush under the water, and wasn't paying attention.

My hand slipped and the straightner went onto my fair skin and I squeezed in reaction, my hand being burnt.

I yelped loudly, causing my mom to run in.

"Malibu?" She called, opening the white door and seeing me holding my shaking and burnt hand under the cold water on the sink.
"Oh, sweetie." She cooed and inspected my hand.

"It burns so badly." I winced loudly, sucking in hard to endure the pain.

"I will go get the burn kit, give me a moment." She said and walked out, and I took the time to finish my hair.

I was burnt, not dead.

The least I could do is be burnt but look like literal fire.

Okay, I will stop.

Turning off my straightener, my mom applied icy cold cream which made it feel so good. She put the wrap on after some aloe and a gauze.

"Unwrap it throughout the day and apply the cream, okay?" She asked and I nodded.

It felt so much better.

I didn't bother with makeup since my skin had cleared up over the weekend.

It's pretty crazy how one minute your skin can be perfect and flawless, then the next you look like you have 5 different diseases with pus oozing out of your pimples.

Yeah, the struggle was insanely real.

It was hard to pack up my backpack and get dressed, but I didi it.

Today was my first day riding the bus, and I was not ready. I was one of the last stops, so at least I didn't have to wait an unbearable amount of time before I reached hell.

Stepping onto the bus, the lady gave me a questionable glare and I took an empty seat.

This bus was nearly packed, the kids talking loudly and a paper being thrown across to the girl next to me.

"What's your name?" She asked, her lips smacking onto the gum she was chewing.

That gum seemed to have no effect, as I still cringed at the scent of her breath.

"Malibu. You?" I asked and she hummed with a goofy smile.

"Gianovia, but you can call me Gigi. Nice name, I like it." She dragged out her words, and I was pretty convinced she was on drugs.

"Sorry if I am a little weird, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night." She smiled at the window and I nodded.

WHY WAS I SO AWKWARD?

Geez, I needed to work on my responses and overall conversational skills.

"You're pretty." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Thanks! You are too!" I wasn't lying, she had a nice build and a curvy body, but most of it was hidden by her sweatshirt that covered her skinny jeans.

"Wow, gay." I heard behind our seat, and peered backwards to see a younger boy, my guess was a freshman.

"Last time I checked, complimenting another girl doesn't indicate I am gay you fuckwad." She called back and I widended my eyes.

This was going to be a long trip, even if it was only 10 minutes.

-

I hate riding in school buses

BUT HOLY SHIt daWgs 1.1k?!?!?

I love you ALL SO MUcH

if nick is reading this book, u should like totally go DM me on 

@fishmanbabe

Adi has DMed before but I forced myself to keep a calm composure

hAHah why do i do this

bye

- charissa