→ chapter 16;;

A·FLUT·TER

1. in a nervous or excited state, or the mixture of both.

-

My hands shook the brush onto my delicate and tanned face, the makeup brush smoothly distributing the powder under my eyes.

"Why hello beautiful." I heard my mom hum as she ran her hands through my silky hair.

"Are you going to leave it down?" She asked and I nodded in response.

"Your hair is thick....like your fathers." She said softly and I put my hand on her hand.

I gave her a comforting smile before applying highlighter to my nose and cheeks and above my lip before moving to my eye makeup.
"Are you ready for tonight?" My mother asked and I shrugged.

"Not really, but I am. If that makes sense." I said softly and she bit her lip with confusion.

"So your body is aflutter?"  She asked.

I rose a brow and nodded.

"It means you're excited but also nervous." She rubbed my bare shoulder before exiting my room.

Smiling to myself, I agreed with her.

I guess I was.

-

"Is Malibu ready?" I heard ebb from the outside patio as my mom opened our large wooden front door.

A loud gulp whistled down my esophagus and I adjusted my two-piece dress.

The design was a little low-quality but you'd be surprised how much they charge for tight dance dresses at Macy's it's crazy.

(design on the story picture, ik i am basic)

"Yep, come on in." She said, eyeing me as I made my way down the stairs.

"Here she is." My mom gushed as my heels clicked on the wooden stairs and Nick looked up in amazement.

"Don't slip and fall." My mom ruined the moment and I scoffed and chuckled.

"Duly noted." I replied with a 'really mom?' look.

She apologetically chuckled and Nick grasped my arm.

"Let's get a picture!" He insisted and I nodded.

"Pose, you two!" My mom flipped out her camera and snapped a picture, the flash giving me a good few seconds of blindness. 

"Awesome. Okay mom, love you!" I hugged her and she gave me a quick peck on my cheek before I escaped the household with Nick.

We got into his car and before he started his car, I felt like being bold.
"Hey, just so you know, we're not going as friends." I said with a sassy lip of my lips.

"What do you mean?" He asked and I leaned in close, my fingers snaking up his leg, and my heart racing.

What was I doing!??

Who knew anymore.

My lips brushed up against his, his hot breath on my neck.

Our lips played chase for a few seconds before his head tilted and our delicate skin touched.

At first it felt like I was limp and couldn't move, like he was trying to kiss a statue.

Our rhythm was off, but it began to get back on track as I change positions to where I was basically on top of him.

Our kiss went on for a good minute before I pulled back and giggled.

He panted and straightened himself up and I rubbed off the lipstick from his mouth.

"Let's leave before your mom comes out." He chuckled and I nodded with agreement.

What just happened?

Before I could contemplate the recent happenings, I was back to my nervous self. 

Great. 

-

Wyd malibu

ur loco

- charissa