→ chapter 32;;

SAFE

SAFE

protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.
-
I loved the feeling of silk, or something similar. Nick's skin felt like silk.

"Mm, good morning." He huffed and held me close. "I can't believe you cuddled me, you seemed too badass." I teased.

"Do I really put off that screw and run guy?" He chuckled and I nodded slowly. "Kinda." I shrugged.

"Love that." He stood up and stretched. I reached over and grabbed my half dead phone, my mom texting back from last night.

Mom: Okay be safe sweetie 💞

-
"I am glad you're safe, that must've been scary." Mrs. Mayorga served me eggs and I nodded.

I picked up my fork and she gasped. "He did that? He should be arrested." She pointed to my wrist that was now terribly bruised.

"I will just be happy if I never see him again." I mumbled and stuffed some toast in my mouth.

"Hey, he hasn't contacted you, right?" Nick's gaze made me gulp slowly. "Nope."

I wasn't lying, he hasn't texted me. I hope he never tried. I mean, an apology would be nice, but not required.

"Well anytime you stay over, I would prefer you stay in the guest room." She winked and grabbed her bag.

"Mom, please." Nick huffed for air. "I'm your mother, shut it." She dragged his head to her lips and left him with an affection smooch.

"And I love you too, Malibu." She waved and blew a kiss, leaving me feeling very much appreciated.

"I hate how she works on weekends, never gets to rest." Nick pointed out and I nodded.

"She's so precious, she deserves to get breaks." I watched as the front door closed.

"You know who else is precious?" He asked from the kitchen, our empty dishes clinking in the ceramic sink.

"You?" I raised my brows and stood up and began walking to the front window.

"Eh, I mean kinda, but you're MORE precious." He caught me by my hips and turned me around.

"You're too romantic, it's adorable." I winced, I felt weird being gushy.

"So you like it? Good." He wrapped his arms around me and he kissed my forehead as I tucked myself into his arms.

I felt safe.

I felt like I belonged.
-
u do belong
-c