→ chapter 40;;

CUL·PA·BIL·I·TY

CUL·PA·BIL·I·TY

responsibility for a fault or wrong; blame.

-

"you're being a jackass." i teased nick who was trying to steal my notes. "no, you." he called as he held the group of papers that i took hours to write out.

"what would you do if i ripped these apart?" he asked with a straight glance towards me. "i'd break up with you and have no regrets." i said back.

he handed them back slowly. "i'd like to think you're bluffing but to be honest, i have no idea." 

with a slow reaction, i grasped the unharmed group of papers. "thank you, good sir."

he embraced me and kissed my forehead. 

"can you believe we're graduating in less than a month?" his large hands scaled my scalp, brushing his fingers through my hair. it felt heavenly.

"yeah, i want out of high school." i let out a small laugh into his arm. we were in an awkward position on my bed but i didn't mind. awkward was comfortable.

"malibu?" i heard my mom call and my door slowly moved open. "oh, hey nick, i didn't know you were over." her raspy voice told me she had awoken from her nap.

"hey second mom." he called and she smiled sweetly. she loved when he said that. "i'm going to start dinner a little later, i need to go down and buy some stuff for your graduation party. apparently mrs. mayorga  and i are meshing our parties with you two."

nick laughed. "she was so adamant in doing that." 

"yeah, since this house is small and we have no space to do a party, i took up her offer." my mom waved  to me and closed the door.

"i'm glad our moms are friends." i got comfortable again in his grasps. he nodded and kissed my neck.

i leaned closer to his shoulder. "did you hear back from massachusetts state?" 

he shook his head. "i only sent in all of my forms about a month ago, i doubt i'll hear anything back."

i moved to across from him. "don't say that, babe. you'll hear something back. and if you don't, you can come with me to california tech." i smiled.

"you're so cute when you're trying to get me to switch colleges." he leaned in close and we shared a small kiss. and then another, and then more kisses.