→ chapter 10;;

PRO·TEC·TIVE

1. capable of or intended to protect someone or something.
-
I was recovering from being pinned up against the tree, trying to wipe the saliva residue from my neck and upper body.

My hands felt like they were broken, and I could already see the redness around them.

Looking up, Jeffery was recovering from a good punch or two, and my hero had their back turned to me.

Slowly bringing my hand up, I turned him around and Nick's eyes met mine.

"N-nick!" I said with a high voice.

I was a little angry, I didn't need him to do that! 

I didn't deny his help, though, well obviously I couldn't because my neck was pinned to a tree.

"What the hell, Jeffery?" Nick spat and he chuckled with blood running down his nose and upper lip. 

"You interrupted me loving on this beauty." He stood up and approached me.

Nick stood back, like he was almost submitting.

"Fuck off." I harshly spat at Jeffery, shoving him back into a pile of leaves.

He hit hard, coughing and wiping his mouth free of the blood.

 "A little tough, is she?" He growled and smirked, limping away to talk with some friends.

"Are you okay?" I felt Nick's hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

"Can we just go?" I whispered, trying to lick off the stinging of my lip.

He nodded and we walked towards the car as I retied the plaid around my waist.

We got into the car and he started it and we drove in silence for a few moments.

"I am sorry, Malibu, I wouldn't of brought you here if I knew this would happen." He said softly, and I felt flutters go up my spine.

I closed my eyes and breathed in deep.

Don't fall hard. You're strong.

He was being so protective.

"It's fine, things like this happen. Thank y-you for saving me." I tried to choke out without breaking inside.

Everything hurt, but I didn't want to act like a baby.

"Jeffery raped two girls last year but didn't get prosecuted for it, they took back their cases when he threatened to get them expelled from school." He said after a few minutes of peace.

"I swear to God if he does that to another girl, I will rip his dick off." I mumbled.

Why do guys think they have a right to do that? Even girls?

Rape is rape, no matter what gender was the victim.

"Is that from him?" He asked, noticing the red marks that would probably me bruises by tomorrow.

"Yeah." I said back, looking out the window.

He drove up to my house, pulling to the curb.

"Thanks." I said, opening the door and closing it, and walking into the house.

"Hey, how was the party?" My mom called, the clock reading 9:45pm.

"Fine." I called, going up to my room and starting a hot shower.

I didn't even care anymore.

-

wow how depressing

sorry for inactivity

really busy life atm :-)

-  c