→ chapter 27;;

PLAN

PLAN

1. A detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.

2. An intention or decision about what one is going to do.

3. A detailed map or diagram.

-

I barely had my books stuffed in my bag when my alarm went off on my phone. I had an alarm set so I knew when to leave, before I was tardy yet again this week.

The dance was in less than a week and I had to find a date, I didn't care if it was a girl or a guy, as long as they could make Nick jealous.

Did that seem evil? I sounded like a horrible person, I truly did. But, I wanted Nick to look at me and not care about anybody else. Why didn't he feel the same way?

I have always been scared of that deep feeling, that thing called crushing. My entire life I barely cared if my outfit was cute or not, what brand of phone I had, the amount of makeup I had on my face, and here I was fawning after a boy that would probably never feel the same way.

"Time for school!" I heard my mothers voice boom from the kitchen. I grasped my phone and my portfolio for the dance committee, and rushed towards the stairs.

"Did you make that plan for the dance team thingy?" My mom questioned as she walked towards the bottom of the stairs. 

"Yep, finished it at 1am." I huffed, my mom nodding with a dissatisfied glare. She was probably admiring my beautiful outfit, sarcasm noted. A sweatshirt and leggings probably weren't the best outfit in the school, but when I had 5 hours of sleep, I deserved to replace glamour with comfort. 

"Don't say anything, I look fabulous." I blew a kiss to my mom with full hands and walked out the door. 

-

I had a plan.

It wasn't an amazing one, but it was something. The school groupchat had been haunting me forever, it's been ages since I even pondered on the thought. Did I really want to join it?

It was sacred, something I didn't even want to tap on. I was invited to it on Instagram, but did I want to expose myself to the profanities of my school groupchat? Nudes were leaked, people would ask for dates. There has got to be another way.

I entered into Algebra II feeling slightly defeated. Taking a seat, Nick was already there, while Lukas had just sat down beside me. "Hey." He whispered and I looked up with a gleam in my eyes. LUKAS.

Lukas could be my date! Was that a bad plan? Using a guy that was talking to me to make another guy jealous? Probably. 

"Hey." I smiled at him and he curved his lips. He was cute, truthfully. A little over my height limit but who cared about height these days? "Do you have the answer to 32? I couldn't get it for the life of me." He asked and I nodded.

I concentrated on the numbers as my view dangled down. 32, there we go. "0.5 by x." I whispered back and he nodded.

"You're god sent, thank you." He said in a goofy voice and I laughed under my breath. "Of course, I couldn't get number 12 though." I bit my lip as I looked at the empty answer.

"I got 5 by a, but it may be wrong." He said with a doubtful glance towards me. "I'll take my chances." I said and wrote it down. "Maybe you would wanna study after school?" He asked and I looked up towards him.

I smiled with an exciting wiggle of my toes and a stretch of happy butterflies spread through my stomach. I could feel the glare of Nick behind me. "Sure, that would be cool. What time?" I asked and he didn't hesitate. "4pm, the café?" He proposed and I nodded. "I'll buy." I smiled and the teacher walked in. We both silently smirked. This could be it, he could be my date!

-

NOTE TO SELF

Do not manipulate men into going to dances with you

Doesn't work very well in the end.

Ly guys!